question

jerico-andres1 avatar image
jerico-andres1 asked Kristen Cable commented

"Switch call to this device" feature for RingCentral App for PC not available

When will switch device be available in RingCentral app for PC?

softphone
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

arthur-ng12296 avatar image
arthur-ng12296 answered jerico-andres1 commented
Hello Jerico,

I am Arthur the Product manager of the RC App desktop.

Thank you for your question - May I get more details from you, when you say switch device are you referring to switching a call from mobile to desktop?

1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

jerico-andres1 avatar image jerico-andres1 commented ·
Yes from mobile to desktop and vice-versa, this feature is available on the RC phone app but not showing on the new RC app. 

0 Likes 0 ·
arthur-ng12296 avatar image
arthur-ng12296 answered Kristen Cable commented
Hi Jerico,

We have this in our backlog but it is currently not prioritized yet. It will probably happening sometime in the later half of 2020.

2 comments
1 |3000

matt-cantrill avatar image matt-cantrill commented ·
Maybe you can help me out because tech support can't. Happening on my Android device and my bosses iOS device. We have two groups callers choose from. Both of those rotate between who it rings to. This is what happens: I see a call coming in for "Sales" (one of the groups). I hit answer. It says "call disconnected" and goes to my most recent screen in the RC app. At the top of that screen it says "switch to this device". I hit that button and it connects to the caller. Issue happens with both groups we have setup.
0 Likes 0 ·
Kristen Cable avatar image Kristen Cable commented ·

Please get this feature soon. It is a major functionality that is hurting my users.

0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app