question

james-marland avatar image
james-marland asked New Reservation answered

Forwarded Calls not Ringing on the Mobile Application - Computer App shows calls, mobile app does not

1. Account Type - US

2. Related Case number - 10008226

3. Our client calls a local line we set up for them in ring central. That local line is to call a cell phone. We do this using the call handling forward to another phone feature. The call is not forwarded to the mobile device. The voicemail is left on the local number we set up for the client. When we load up the computer application the call rings through to the computer. We don't want this call to go to the computer, we want it to ring the forwarded mobile phone.

4. Steps were taken - we called RingCentral - said try downloading the old phone app, but we can't open the old app, it says to upgrade

5. Android for Mobile, windows for desktop

6. This impacts my 6 agents and 30+ clients

phonesoftphonecall forwarding
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Liam Zhang avatar image
Liam Zhang answered vladimir-mededovic commented
A follow-up email has been sent.
4 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

james-marland avatar image james-marland commented ·
Got it. Thanks. 
0 Likes 0 ·
vladimir-mededovic avatar image vladimir-mededovic commented ·
Hello,
Is there a way to forward a call to the Mobile App?
0 Likes 0 ·
jenn-community-moderator avatar image jenn-community-moderator ♦ commented ·

Hello Vladimir,

You can have your calls forwarded to your Mobile App. 

You need to go to your Online Web Portal and go to your User Extension click the Call handling and Forwarding.

Make sure that the Desktop/Mobile App is activated.

Please let me know if you have further questions! 

0 Likes 0 ·
You are telling me that in scenario explained above - this can be done thru the Call handling and forwarding at user extension? Unfortunately it can't.
0 Likes 0 ·
james-marland avatar image
james-marland answered vladimir-mededovic commented
After spending 10+ hours over several days we made a workaround. The agent found her own solution, so I don't have it here. I think she had to start using her computer to get calls instead of her mobile phone. There is no refund option or way to get out of our contract for another 6 months.  
1 comment
1 |3000

Yes, in this case forwarding works to the computer (mostly) but it doesn't work to the cell phone app.
I don't understand why is RingCentral pretending that this problem doesn't exist?
When anyone opens this question they just shoot a bunch of "explanations" that don't help at all. It looks that they just bury the problem.
Is the problem really big problem for their development team? That is not an option. More likely these guys who are reading this and contacting with customers, suppose to recognize problems and forward important ones to the other team. But it looks like they are not able to recognize a elephant in the china store.
0 Likes 0 ·
New Reservation avatar image
New Reservation answered

This happens to us as well. for the past few months, the calls are not being forwarded to the cell phone nor the mobile RC app. this is affecting our business, we're instantly losing customers.

RC employees are polite, but the fact is that they don't know how to fix this issue, keep excusing this for un-relevant reasons, and very light on the trigger to "resolve" the case. I opened about 15 cases in the past months, and I have to explain my issue from scratch every time I called.

1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app