Question

Why can't we add contacts in the Ring Central App?

• 30 January 2020
  • 5 replies

Frankly, the various apps all have the same name and make no sense to me. I just need an app where I can send and receive texts from clients -- not an internal team! Currently the texts I receive come in with only a phone # id and I cannot revise the profile to add a name. I have no idea who is texting me and it is only by going back and reading the history that it becomes apparent. It's no way to run my business. What am I missing?

PS - my app says RingCentral

5 replies

Hey there Cindy - it is my understanding that the RingCentral application doesn't have a contact management system in place meaning you, like my team, don't have a way in the program to save the contact. We also have to scroll through our text history to figure out who we're communicating with.

RingCentral has promised the feature will come out at some point, but we've been a customer for seven months and haven't seen it yet.
It nearly makes the app useless then, doesn't it?  How is the app, though, able to recognize some and not others?  Is it an address book from my phone that was part of the initial install but now cannot take updates with any further new contacts?  It's all so mysterious and VERY frustrating.
Hi Cindy, 

You're able to add contacts in the mobile app currently. Product is still working on adding the functionality to the desktop app. 
Is there any update on this? I have one contact which is a number outside of ring app that is my answering service for some reason but, cannot even edit/add my staff's phone number to "forward" calls to without knowing the actual phone number. 
The old Ring Central Phone (RC Phone) has functionality to save contacts. I don't understand why the new apps don't have this in it.