question

payne-bair avatar image
payne-bair asked Becky-Community_Manager commented

Fax Plan Change Scam

Ring Central arbitrarily changes my plan from the RingCentral Fax750 plan to the RingCentral Fax1500 plan without any input from me. My history shows I use about 15-20 fax pages a year. When I received my one e-mail notice I looked on Ring Central's website and there is no RingCentral Fax750 plan shown. Now when I log in I can see there is a change I could have done to the RingCentral Fax750 but is it too late since it was charged and no refund is available (I can get a credit but no refund). I cannot believe how unethical this feels. Yes, there was a notice, but a change should not be made if the same plan is still available. An easy way to get another $64 from each user without any benefit provided.

fax
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Becky-Community_Manager avatar image
Becky-Community_Manager answered
Payne, I'm sorry for this issue. How can we assist you further?
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

payne-bair avatar image
payne-bair answered Becky-Community_Manager commented
Switch me back to the Fax750 Plan and provide an actual refund to my credit card not just a future credit that makes me stick with Ring Central.  My cost has gone from ~$50 to over $200 in the past couple of years.
5 comments
1 |3000

payne-bair avatar image payne-bair commented ·
Thank you...I did receive a call (actually 3 calls) after your escalation and issue was addressed for this year.
1 Like 1 ·
Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ commented ·
Payne, unfortunately, we cannot make these changes for you from the Community. You must work with the Sales team to renegotiate your current account arrangements. 
Please contact the billing department at 888-898-4591 Ext. 2
0 Likes 0 ·
payne-bair avatar image payne-bair commented ·
Tried calling could not get through and left a message for a call back that was not returned.  You have my contact information so someone can reach out to me if customer service is that important.  Next step is a BBB complaint.
0 Likes 0 ·
Payne, I have escalated your concerns to the billing team. They are a bit backed up and will reach out, at the lastest, in 48 hours. 
If you've already called and left a message, they may get back to you sooner. 

We appreciate your patience. 
0 Likes 0 ·
Oh, very good news, Payne!
Please feel free to reach out if we can assist further!
0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app