question

jeffrey-murphy avatar image
jeffrey-murphy asked mary-community-moderator edited

Can a host leave a RingCentral meeting without ending the meeting?

One of our users is planning on conducting multi-hour interview that will involve multiple interviewers. She is the host and will start the meeting. After 30 minutes the next interviewer will login to the meeting and start. Is it possible for the host to leave the meeting without ending the meeting?
meetings
4 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

dennis-kyle1 avatar image dennis-kyle1 commented ·
Hi Jeffrey,

I hope you are having an excellent day. Yes you can do it and it is fairly simple. You can look at this help file to find the answers you seek ( https://support.ringcentral.com/s/article/10668-RingCentral-Meetings-Desktop-Assign-New-Host-Co-Host?language=en_US).

Just a bit of information though. If the person who coordinated the meeting transfers host to another user and then leaves the meeting they need to be mindful to not start another meeting with their account. We have found that this will kick the users out of the already existing meeting or they will receive notification that they cannot start another meeting.

Best of Luck,
Dennis Kyle
Positive Results (RingCentral Partner)
1 Like 1 ·
jeffrey-murphy avatar image jeffrey-murphy commented ·
Thank you Dennis. This was a big help!
0 Likes 0 ·
Conner Kay avatar image Conner Kay commented ·

@Becky-Community_Manager, I have completed your ask. Thanks.

0 Likes 0 ·
Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ Conner Kay commented ·

Thanks, @Conner Kay!

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

Conner Kay avatar image
Conner Kay answered Becky-Community_Manager commented

"Just a bit of information though. If the person who coordinated the meeting transfers host to another user and then leaves the meeting they need to be mindful to not start another meeting with their account. We have found that this will kick the users out of the already existing meeting or they will receive notification that they cannot start another meeting."

Will this ever be fixed? I facilitate quite a few back to back meetings throughout my days as a Project Manager and it's quite frustrating when not using my Personal Room ID, that even when I assign a co-host, leave, and start my next meeting, it closes out the first meeting. This is irritating when having a team huddle where the team wants to finish discussing an item and I have to hop to another meeting. They then have to rejoin or recreate their own new meeting. It would make sense if using your personal room ID in this manner, but separate room links really shouldn't do this. Other communication programs I've used in the past have not seemed to have this issue.

Not to bump this old thread, but I am noting this here because I was looking up this exact issue.

1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ commented ·

Hey, @Conner Kay - thanks for bumping the thread.
We have an idea for this in the Ideas Portal. Please add your vote and any other details in the comments.

0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app