News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Change email address domain in the standalone version of Glip
Tags: ringcentral app
Feb 13, 2020 at 9:05am   •   3 replies  •  0 likes
thanh1

I started testing Glip with a personal email account, and that test has been successful. I would now like to move my Glip to my new company's domain. I have a lot of conversations already, and don't want to lose that history. I have been able to update the company name, but I cannot change the email address domain.

3 Answers
answered on Feb 13, 2020 at 10:37am  
I just completed a POC with RC and transitioned from a test company and domain to the actual company and real domain as a new RC customer. Changing company named seemed easy at first DIY, but I had to ensure the change was made everywhere, and that it was also implemented by RC behind the scenes with Billing and Support who still continued to make all references to the test company and not the real company. 

When it came to domain name change I.e. from testco.com to realco.com I had to escalate a case within RC Support over to specific GLIP Support and then from there to GLIP engineering who implemented the change. 

Hope this helps.   

answered on Feb 13, 2020 at 10:53am  
Arun, thanks for the extra detail!
I will also try to reach out to the Glip support team.

answered on Feb 13, 2020 at 9:06am  
A similar question was poster about a year ago, which resulted in a ticket being created to assist:
https://community.ringcentral.com/ringcentral/topics/changing-the-email-domain-for-stand-alone-glip-and-our-individual-email-addresses

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us