News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Microphone issues with AirPods (bluetooth) on RingCentral Mac app
Tags: phone, softphone
Mar 23, 2020 at 6:34am   •   4 replies  •  1 likes
mark-kulich
Anyone else have issues using AirPods (or any bluetooth headset) with the RingCentral Mac app? I can hear audio just fine but there seems to be a delay when the mic starts picking up my voice. When I start speaking others can not hear my voice (or the audio is very quiet) for about 1-2 seconds. If I continue speaking after that the mic volume will get louder and people will be able to hear me.

I am using
Version: 20.2.1 (E. 5.0.12)
Build: 20 (rev. f56a7ce5)
US account
on Mar 23, 2020 at 2:29pm   •  0 likes
I am having issues with Airbuds on a PC.  I bought Airbuds to give me some privacy since my wife is working from home and sharing my home office with me.  I connected the Airbuds to my computer and set the RingCentral app to use them as my primary audio device.  The RingCentral app kept the microphone turned on and prevented incoming calls until I switched the microphone and speaker back to my Sennheiser headset.  The Airbuds work with everything else on my computer and incoming calls will ring on them, but I have to switch over to my Sennheiser headset to actually take a call.  I think something is causing a feedback loop on the microphone that is screwing up the RingCentral app from acting normally.
on Jun 8, 2020 at 8:41am   •  0 likes
I am having a similar issue but only when it tries to reconnect and sometimes the mic on my airpods will randomly stop working. I just bought these a month ago and they work well on my other devices but not when I connect to ringcentral desktop on my ipad mini. I end up having to log out and close out the application completely, put the airpods in the case, log in and reconnect the airpods. At times i have to do this a few times until the microphone works again. 
2 Answers
answered on Mar 24, 2020 at 10:44am  
Mark, can you reach out to us with your log file? (Control+Shift+d)
Also the specific time you encountered the issue so that Engineering can track down within in the file?
Send it over at Community.Support@RingCentral.com

on Apr 21, 2021 at 2:15pm   •  1 likes

Same issue. My airpods work fine with everything else on the pc but don't like Ring Central

on Mar 3, 2021 at 2:55pm   •  0 likes

Hi, I am also having trouble getting my airpods to work with my desktop ring central app. People can hear me but i am unable to hear anything. I am constantly on the phone and it would be nice to be able to use my airpods to speak wit customers. Please help! Wendy Murillo

answered on Mar 24, 2020 at 10:55am  
Actually, this may not be a RingCentral issue. I have had a few people comment on the issue while using my AirPods on phone calls with my iPhone. After some investigation I found some other people reporting issues with the microphone in one of their AirPods going bad. I usually only use the right AirPod when I am on calls/meetings. I just switched to using the left AirPod and it seems like it might be working.

Thanks for the quick response Becky. I will continue to monitor the mic quality over the next couple days. If I notice any issues I will attach the logs with specific times.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us