question

john-marshall avatar image
john-marshall asked john-marshall answered

Apple Airbuds with PC Issue

Using RingCentral in the US, and software is updated to latest version.

I am having issues with Apple Airbuds on a PC. I bought the Airbuds to give me some privacy since my wife is working from home and sharing my home office with me. I connected the Airbuds to my computer via bluetooth and set the RingCentral app to use them as my primary audio device. The RingCentral app kept the microphone turned on and prevented incoming calls until I switched the microphone and speaker back to my Sennheiser headset. The Airbuds work with everything else on my computer and incoming calls will ring on them, but I have to switch over to my Sennheiser headset to actually take a call.

Anyone else having a similar issue or know a fix for this?

ringcentral app
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Giles Potter avatar image
Giles Potter answered
Hi John, that is a known issue, your earbuds are not able to work for voice calls on a cloud system. This is the same for other vendors I know of as well. You'll need to keep using your headset for voice calls, and your earbuds are ok for everything on your PC as you mention. I don't think there is any fix for this. 
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

john-marshall avatar image
john-marshall answered
You'd think that with this being a known issue with multiple vendors someone would get this fixed, but then again I'm not a programmer/vender and am just the customer who's paying for the programmer's/vender's services so what would I know.
1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app