question

alisa-karpachova avatar image
alisa-karpachova asked michael-blanchard commented

Working from Home

I am working at home for the first time and the app did not transfer with the laptop provided to me. I am able to get to the website and logged in, but unable to figure out how to a) download the desktop app and b) make/take calls. Can someone please help?

ringcentral app
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

norman-twitty14662 avatar image
norman-twitty14662 answered
It's easier to go to  https://support.ringcentral.com/s/?language=en_US and download the RingCentral App on your laptop.  This way you can make / receive calls and do meetings from one place.
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

arun-guha avatar image
arun-guha answered
When logged in to the RC Web site ( https://service.ringcentral.com/application/overview) there is a Telephone handset icon at the top right of the Web page that allows you to Ring Out (i.e. place a call using your computer browser).
1 |3000

michael-blanchard avatar image
michael-blanchard answered michael-blanchard commented
I downloaded the desktop app (WIndows) but cannot make calls. It works great on my Android though!
13 comments
1 |3000

mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·
Hello Michael!

Please check on your Online Portal Settings and go to Phone Numbers > Phone > Deauthorize all Desktop App devices, then try to logout/login on the app using your extension's direct number.
0 Likes 0 ·
michael-blanchard avatar image michael-blanchard commented ·
Ahhh man....ya lost me at "Online Portal Settings" I don't see that anywhere. I think I have clicked on everything there is to click...
0 Likes 0 ·
This is the link to the Online portal  https://login.ringcentral.com/
0 Likes 0 ·
If you are not an admin, you should see a tab that says Settings, click on it.
0 Likes 0 ·
michael-blanchard avatar image michael-blanchard commented ·
Then go to "Outbound Calls" ?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
michael-blanchard avatar image
michael-blanchard answered
Yeah I tried thet. Ring out. It says Calling your current location...Please answer your phone when it rings. But nothing happens. The other odd thing I noticed: The "From" number offers a drop down that only offers one pick: Custom Phone Number so I have to manually add it each time.
1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app