question

rob-byers avatar image
rob-byers asked david-spergel12589 answered

RingCentral Softphone App Update 20.1.0.38205 Broke the HUD

I found that after updating the RingCentral Phone softphone app to version 20.1.0.38205, my HUD is empty and I am not able to add my team members back. Anyone else experience this? I'm hoping this is not happening with our ~400 users who are mostly working remotely.

hud
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

stephen-aulick1 avatar image
stephen-aulick1 answered
We have seen this.  We have been able to fix it by logging out of the soft-phone and then logging back in.  That has brought the HUD back.
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

rob-byers avatar image
rob-byers answered
Thank you. I restarted my PC and experienced the same thing. But, logging out and back in just now "resolved" it.
1 |3000

jim-saner avatar image
jim-saner answered
Restarting our machines fixed the same issue we were having.
1 |3000

laura-forrester avatar image
laura-forrester answered
My HUD was totally gone from my menu after the update this morning. Logged out and restarted my computer, now I can't get logged back in... error message: "Service unavailable - RingCentral Phone service is unavailable at the moment. Please try again later or go into Calls Only mode to make calls." I primarily use the RC desktop app; I only use the RC Phone app for the HUD, so hopefully it'll come back soon, and ultimately hoping the HUD will be integrated into the RC desktop app.
1 |3000

david-spergel12589 avatar image
david-spergel12589 answered
Same here Laura. Was annoying getting used to having to use two different apps for my phone calls but I had gotten used to it, and now it just breaks!? Starting to wonder if the people at Ringcentral even use their own apps.
1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app