question

samir-phillipson14894 avatar image
samir-phillipson14894 asked Becky-Community_Manager commented

Forward calls to another ringcentral Glip user

In the ringcentral portal you can forward calls to other non ringcentral devices such as mobile phones by manually typing the number and forwarding to other ringcentral users, but according to support this only works f or the RC Phone app and you can't forward calls to other users using Glip as their softphone.

Please add a feature to forward calls to other users in Glip

I thought manually typing the number would work because it is just an arbitrary phone number, but if you try to receive the call forwarding in Glip it will never happen. You  have to be using RC Phone instead which is odd that this rule applies if its a ringcentral phone number, but not any other phone number.
call forwarding
6 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

christin-coles avatar image christin-coles commented ·
I am currently on the phone with support for this very issue. Seems like such basic functionality.
0 Likes 0 ·
Chad Walters avatar image Chad Walters commented ·

What is the status of this issue? @Jessica-Community_Moderator

We are a new customer recently switched to RingCentral, and today I was needing to set this up only to find such a basic tele-function is not supported in the desktop app for well over a year now.

Why would user receiving the call need to install and keep open a separate app just to accomplish this? Who 'okayed' the desktop app for release without support for this functionality?

0 Likes 0 ·
jessica-community-moderator avatar image jessica-community-moderator ♦♦ Chad Walters commented ·

Hi Chad,

This is currently available. In the app, navigate to preferences -> phone -> call forwarding.

2021-07-08-01-12-34.png

0 Likes 0 ·
Chad Walters avatar image Chad Walters jessica-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Hi Jessica - thank you for your reply, but the feature you depicted/pointed to is different than what is asked in this ticket. The request was to allow one Ringcentral user in the organization to forward their extension to another Ringcentral user.

If I check the Call Forwarding function as shown, the only options I have available are Home, Mobile, Work, and Custom. If I try to choose custom and enter the extension of another user, I get an error that it is an invalid phone number.

I should have an option to enter an extension, or select User and choose from a list of colleagues to whom I would forward calls.

The use case of this being if I'm out of the office, or on vacation, or a staff member is on leave, we want to make sure their calls are still being covered/answered.

0 Likes 0 ·
Maik Wielk avatar image Maik Wielk commented ·

Hi, we'd also like to use this feature without having to use an additional app. I can't even find the RC Phone app in the Google Play store any more? When will it be available?

0 Likes 0 ·
Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ Maik Wielk commented ·

Maik, the phone app is no longer available.
As Jessica pointed out, you should be able to do this. If not, please shoot us an email at Community.Support@RingCentral.com and we'll be glad to investigate further.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

jessica-community-moderator avatar image
jessica-community-moderator answered
Our product team is working on ensuring that features of the phone app are available in the unified (Glip) app. While they're working on this, please continue to utilize the phone app. 
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app