question

conpute-service avatar image
conpute-service asked dom-f commented

Hello, I have multiple users getting a pop up when they try to log into Ring Central --javascript error

Javascript error pop up when trying to log into Ring Central

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

michael-schnabel avatar image
michael-schnabel answered
This is also happening to us on a virtual machine.
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

amanda-b avatar image
amanda-b answered
The excuse I got from support was it's not compatible with a Server OS.  It worked just fine with 20.2.1. 
1 |3000

dom-f avatar image
dom-f answered ics-ics commented
Our organization was affected by this problem last Friday. We are in an RDS environment where the RC application had been working well. We opened a support ticket last week, and have done probably more testing and troubleshooting than we should have to determine what's going on. We provided this detail to support, and that ticket remains open.

Thanks to Amanda B for her suggestion to use the 20.2.1 executable directly; that is a viable workaround for us now. I urge RingCentral's devs to focus on this soon, please.
2 comments
1 |3000

ics-ics avatar image ics-ics commented ·
Unfortunately, I have not received any response back from my case submission either. I am not sure why they have the RC community when no one in RC response to them. My client is deciding to move to another platform as this is unacceptable practice.
1 Like 1 ·
dom-f avatar image dom-f commented ·
Sadly, I have been unable to get any response from RC support about a follow-up on my open support case on this issue, yet they released a new update. Does anyone have any experience on whether 20.2.20 solved the JavaScript error issue?
0 Likes 0 ·
jennifer-chang avatar image
jennifer-chang answered
I also have this error. I am on hold with RC tech support phone line now. 
1 |3000

ayden avatar image
ayden answered mario-lopez commented
If someone else running Windows Server could try to confirm, this error resolved for me after installing Wireless Lan Services (via Add Roles and Features), even though the machine is not on a wireless network.
1 comment
1 |3000

mario-lopez avatar image mario-lopez commented ·
I added the Wireless Lan Service and it seems to work in Windows Server 2016.  Not sure why this is needed.
1 Like 1 ·
Bryan Ridgell avatar image
Bryan Ridgell answered
One of my users is getting this error on a mac OSX install. Sorry for the photo, this is what I was sent. Could someone post the solution or workaround or is there an update at this stage?

1 |3000

jessica-community-moderator avatar image
jessica-community-moderator answered Bryan Ridgell commented
Can anyone confirm if they are still experiencing this issue if they use the web browser version at app.glip.com?
2 comments
1 |3000

The issue is not on the web browser and the user insist on using the desktop version. I have submitted a case and no one in devteam responded close to a resolute. Or worse, no responses at all.
1 Like 1 ·
Bryan Ridgell avatar image Bryan Ridgell commented ·
My user does not get this error on the browser, but our preference is for desktop for our users. We're on RC Classic due to the feature gap on the new RC app.
0 Likes 0 ·
jessica-community-moderator avatar image
jessica-community-moderator answered dom-f commented
I just received confirmation from our product team that a fix is coming mid July. 
2 comments
1 |3000

Thank you for the update. That's all I need to know to convey to my client.
0 Likes 0 ·
dom-f avatar image dom-f commented ·
Jessica -- I also appreciate your providing some more concrete information. We'll continue with the an older version or with the web app for the time being.
0 Likes 0 ·
arun-guha avatar image
arun-guha answered
Aaaargh.... I was able to login at  https://support.ringcentral.com/s/?language=en_US and update one of my many support cases. 

The pop-up describes an error related to GLIP and an RC class. First inclination is to uninstall GLIP.

Our install base only uses RC admin, no users use any of the apps or Web apps or GLIP. Too many issues.  
1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app