question

conpute-service avatar image
conpute-service asked dom-f commented

Hello, I have multiple users getting a pop up when they try to log into Ring Central --javascript error

Javascript error pop up when trying to log into Ring Central

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

conpute-service avatar image
conpute-service answered jessica-community-moderator commented
No I was unable to submit this case in the usual case portal. It was giving me an error trying to sign in. So I went here for other support.
Thanks
3 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

conpute-service avatar image conpute-service commented ·
I actually just was able to log in. i have submitted a case 10519623
thanks
1 Like 1 ·
jessica-community-moderator avatar image jessica-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·
Can you post a screenshot of what error you are receiving when trying to submit a support case? 
0 Likes 0 ·
jessica-community-moderator avatar image jessica-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·
Perfect, thank you! 
0 Likes 0 ·
arun-guha avatar image
arun-guha answered conpute-service commented
RC technical support issue. Has a case been posted to RC Support? 
1 comment
1 |3000

conpute-service avatar image conpute-service commented ·
Thanks I tried to log in now and it worked :)
0 Likes 0 ·
amanda-b avatar image
amanda-b answered
We are seeing this too for version 20.2.2.  We had to go into the appdata folder and run the exe for 20.2.1 as a workaround. Hoping they get it fixed. 
1 |3000

arun-guha avatar image
arun-guha answered
Great work on finding a WORK-around ! Though, it's a shame these kinds of problems occur. 
1 |3000

jeff-busch5496 avatar image
jeff-busch5496 answered
Same issue with many users.  No work-around ability as file is not there.
1 |3000

ct-logic avatar image
ct-logic answered
This is the kind of stuff we IT service providers don't need during this global crisis.  RC please don't push out updates or changes during this!
1 |3000

arun-guha avatar image
arun-guha answered
I second the motion.
1 |3000

jessica-community-moderator avatar image
jessica-community-moderator answered Michael commented
Is anyone using a VDI and experiencing this error?  
4 comments
1 |3000

ct-logic avatar image ct-logic commented ·
Yes - well technically RDS on server 2016.  Need permanent fix ASAP as client seems to be autoupdating back to 20.2.2.
1 Like 1 ·
thomas-stewart avatar image thomas-stewart commented ·
I am running into the same issue but with RDS on server 2012 r2.  Tried uninstalling the RC app, and clearing the app data in the user folder.  Then installed a previous version and it autoupdates back to 20.2.2 giving the Javascript error. 
0 Likes 0 ·
Michael avatar image Michael commented ·
I'm on an AWS WorkSpaces environment. I did the same thing that Amanda and Thomas provided above. What I've done to remedy, I allowed the v20.2.2 to update. I renamed the RingCentral.exe (v20.2.2) from the Glip folder to RingCentral.old. That way it won't auto-start the version 20.2.2 and created a shortcut of v20.2.1 on the desktop. The user can manually start the RingCentral app from the desktop. JavaScript no longer appears. I did opened a support ticket with RingCentral, the responded with a link to version 20.2.1 to download from and haven't heard since. It's been over a week now.
0 Likes 0 ·
It's going to the third week. Still no response.
0 Likes 0 ·
amanda-b avatar image
amanda-b answered
Yes, ours are running Windows Server 2016. 
1 |3000

jeff-busch5496 avatar image
jeff-busch5496 answered Michael commented
This is happening in our 2012 and 2016 VDI environment.  It is caused by version 20.2.2 auto updating.  version 20.2.1 is OK.  We had to uninstall 20.2.2 and push 20.2.1 with a custom json file so as to NOT auto-update.
3 comments
1 |3000

jeff-busch5496 avatar image jeff-busch5496 commented ·
We opened a support ticket and got our Customer Success Manager involved. They met with the Devs and sent us a file that we had to include in a folder so the update would NOT auto occur.  Our staff is testing an auto-uninstall still as this is major hold-up
1 Like 1 ·
jason-gatza avatar image jason-gatza commented ·
Do you mind sharing how you configured the json file? We want to block auto updates in our AWS Workspaces and this might be the way.
0 Likes 0 ·
Hi Jeff, would you be able to share to the group what the devs provided you? Thanks!
0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app