question

shantel-hersey avatar image
shantel-hersey asked samudrabhuyan commented

Meetings

How do I set up a meeting to not show participant names & turn off everyones video before they log in?

meetings
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

shantel-hersey avatar image
shantel-hersey answered samudrabhuyan commented
Thank you for the response. I do have video off for participants. It appears that video is off when they join, but participants are able to turn it back on when they are in the meeting. Is there a way to prevent this? Also, would the RingCentral Webinar add-on allow me to hide participant names?
2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·
Hi Shantel!

Sorry but this is not available also. 
0 Likes 0 ·
samudrabhuyan avatar image samudrabhuyan commented ·
Hi @Shantel 
Yes, Webinars won't show the participant names in the participant list.

They might however be able to see other's names if you enabled "Allow chat with panelists and attendees". If you limited it to just panelists, or disabled it completely, then they won't be able to see even that.

Hope that helps! 
0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image
mary-community-moderator answered
Hello Shantel!

There is no option yet to not show participants name. Turning off video can be setup when scheduling a meeting. Make sure that Video (when joining a meeting) for participant is Off.
1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app