question

deanna-boras avatar image
deanna-boras asked bob-robinson3288 commented

calls are going straight to voicemail

I have a soft phone and since yesterday all calls are going straight to voicemail. I've checked my settings and they are correct. So not sure what is going on.

voicemail
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

bob-robinson3288 avatar image
bob-robinson3288 answered bob-robinson3288 commented
It's typically either that you have recorded a voicemail greeting in the spot for introductory greeting, or your status is on Do Not Disturb.  Many people call me in IT saying their calls are going straight to voicemail when in reality that greeting plays and then the phone rings.  Call the number and wait for the greeting to end and if it starts ringing afterward, that's your issue.  If not then DND is on somewhere, either on a softphone or on a desk phone.
2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

bob-robinson3288 avatar image bob-robinson3288 commented ·
I was just speaking from experience.  I'd guess there are articles here on the community and on support.ringcentral.com on what DND affects.  Sorry I don't have any links handy.
1 Like 1 ·
alberto-cortez9365 avatar image alberto-cortez9365 commented ·
Bob, I believe our issue was the Latter with the DND being on.  Do you happen to have a link to where this DND needing to be OFF is referenced?  Thank you.
0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app