question

jonathan-leslie1294 avatar image
jonathan-leslie1294 asked lyle-feigenbaum commented

Including visitors or guests in a RingCentral Meeting

Can RingCentral Meetings be setup to allow non-RC users to join the call? If so, do they need to install the app on their mobile phone or tablet or PC? I tried to help one person install the RC app on their Android phone from the Google Play Store but it kept asking for a credit card number.

meetings
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

jonathan-leslie1294 avatar image
jonathan-leslie1294 answered mary-community-moderator commented
Mary, thanks for the reply. How do they get the app? As I said I had tried to help an Android user download and install the app from the Google Play store and it kept asking for a credit card number.
10 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·
The app that needs to be download is RingCentral Meetings, not RC app. Those are two different applications.
1 Like 1 ·
Yes, so long as they have Meeting ID, they don't need to have an account. 

It depends on your RingCentral plan subscription. Maximum of 4 participants for basic RingCentral plans and 100 participants for premium plans.
1 Like 1 ·
It is also available in App Store. Search also for RingCentral Meetings.
1 Like 1 ·
Yes, they can download and install RingCentral Meetings on Windows and Mac. Click the link below and you will see RingCentral Meetings download option.

https://support.ringcentral.com/s/download?language=en_US
1 Like 1 ·
jonathan-leslie1294 avatar image jonathan-leslie1294 commented ·
Mary, thank you again so much! I think that finally takes care of everything.
1 Like 1 ·
Show more comments
mary-community-moderator avatar image
mary-community-moderator answered lyle-feigenbaum commented
Hello Jonathan!

Non-RC users can join meetings through the RingCentral Meetings App. They don't need to login, they just need to click Join a Meeting and enter Meeting ID. 
5 comments
1 |3000

danielb3368 avatar image danielb3368 commented ·
Just to be clear, that is the link for the Windows version 19.4.0 of RingCentral Desktop Phone. I don't the Mac equivalent... 
1 Like 1 ·
lyle-feigenbaum avatar image lyle-feigenbaum commented ·
Thanks for the fast response! I was going to say, this is for the windows version which I can pass to my staff, but I am currently using a Mac. Is there a way I can get a download link for a mac desktop? 
0 Likes 0 ·
danielb3368 avatar image danielb3368 commented ·
I was able to find the v19.4.0 for the mac and have uploaded it to my Google Drive. I don't have a mac, so I was unable to verify if this is actually v19.4.0. Hope it works!

Mac:  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XVjWViJV04ypVo4v-ZS4q3OgbA8HHrZS/
0 Likes 0 ·
Thank you Daniel!
0 Likes 0 ·
lyle-feigenbaum avatar image lyle-feigenbaum commented ·
Excellent, this did it for me! Thank you so much for the help. I really appreciate it. 
0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app