question

alexander-wade13954 avatar image
alexander-wade13954 asked dave-grasso commented

Ringcentral Video vs Ringcentral Meetings

Starting the past weekend, I kept on seeing ads on Facebook for "Ringcentral Video" and their website has info on it. It appears to be a new and separate product but I haven't heard back from our account rep on how we can begin using it and for more details, namely if this will be completely replacing the zoom version.

I was able to locate from some screenshots the site is https://v.ringcentral.com/ and that let me log in, but I have no access to anything about the product in my admin portal.

meetingsvideo
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

my-doctor-medical-group avatar image
my-doctor-medical-group answered brian-engert4691 commented
Does Ringcentral Video have or plan to have end-to-end encryption? This would be a bummer if "no."
1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

brian-engert4691 avatar image brian-engert4691 commented ·
I would assume they don't as end to end encryption is not very practical outside of 1:1 calls/meetings.  It looks like they do have in-transit encryption.
0 Likes 0 ·
dave-grasso avatar image
dave-grasso answered gordon-chan commented
RC Video cannot grant access to the sharing screen participant. So a Tech support person can only VIEW a screen of the user having a problem.  RC Meeting (Zoom) allows you to request control. I am hearing that feature may be available in RC Video in Oct 2020.

Can anyone explain the 4 user max on Video share? RC Meeting has 100 participants but only 4-user's able to share video. What exactly does that mean?  RC Video if you get before July 31 is supposed to have 100 video participants ?

Thanks
1 comment
1 |3000

gordon-chan avatar image gordon-chan commented ·
I guess we all received the same email about migrating over to RC Video before July 31st to have 100 video participants.  I've asked several times what we needed to do to migrate and the answer was always just use it and it'll be RC Video.  I've spoken to support a couple of times and they didn't even know there was a toggle switch between RC Meetings and RC Video.  

Here's what I believe the migration entails.  If you've been with RC for a while, you'll probably have RC Meetings.  To make sure all your users are using RC Video, you'll have to create a user template and override the user's video settings.   RC has an article explaining this, but why support never told me is another question.

Go to the section that says, "Switch Video Provider for Multiple Users".

https://support.ringcentral.com/s/article/Try-RingCentral-Video?language=en_US

0 Likes 0 ·
dave-grasso avatar image
dave-grasso answered gordon-chan commented
I am trying to confirm what happens if a 5th person tries to join a meeting via video - not just calling the audio number. In BOTH RC-Meeting and RC-Video I can connect a 5th person. BUT I think this may be due to a temporary condition relating to covid-19 where RC has temporarily opened this up past the 4-user limit for screen share/video.

I think I want the new RC-video but cannot get a straight answer regarding price.  I am hearing FREE if I switch ( using my rep ) before Aug1, 2020, but also through support I can switch anytime at no charge. And of course the main appeal is RC-Video allows 1000 phone participants and 100 video participants. Compared to RC-meeting of 100 audio and 4-video.

FYI - I called my rep weeks ago and she added a "test" plan for 30-days (till July 31) where I can try both RC-Meeting and RC-Video.  Can start RC-video in a browser at v.ringcentral.com or start RC-meeting via the RC Mtg App or browser.

2 comments
1 |3000

https://www.ringcentral.com/office/plansandpricing.html
Maximum number of participants varies by the video platform:
  • Premium with RingCentral Video (up to 200)
  • Premium with RingCentral Meetings (up to 100)
  • Standard with RingCentral Video (up to 100)
  • Standard with RingCentral Meetings (up to 4)

if you are on the standard plan RMV should be a step up compared to RCM.

0 Likes 0 ·
gordon-chan avatar image gordon-chan commented ·
Would love to hear what happens on your end.  I've reached out to sales and my account rep and they seem to be MIA.  I've spoken to billing and they said it was free according to the email RC sent out.  I've also spoken to support several times and their answer was that there's no migration just use it.  I found anything I've been told was hard to believe.
0 Likes 0 ·
davidduranceau10897 avatar image
davidduranceau10897 answered
Thanks for the additional info, David.
1 |3000

Dylan Cote avatar image
Dylan Cote answered dave-grasso commented

Looking for some more info regarding the email recently received about being upgraded to RC Video and the option to OPT-out or not.

Is RC Meetings still available as well as the Rc Meetings for Outlook add-in?

We have a few clients who are still looking to use the RC Meetings functionality and if we choose the upgrade it sounds like our RingCentral apps will not allow us to choose anymore between the two.

3 comments
1 |3000

dave-grasso avatar image dave-grasso commented ·

My understanding is switching to RC Video makes RC Meeting no longer available. I switched to RC Video and can no longer start a RC Meeting ; it's one or the other. I did, however have the option to try for 30-days where both were available to compare, but once you decide to go to RCV you cannot go back to RCM.

1 Like 1 ·

I still have the ability to switch back and forth. Regardless of what I have set I can still use https://v.ringcentral.com in chrome and the RCM application. Glip will use what ever your default is and there are issues with cloud recordings for whatever is not your default service.

0 Likes 0 ·
dave-grasso avatar image dave-grasso brian-engert4691 commented ·

Are you using the Premium plan? I am on the Standard plan and no longer have a video provider option so Glip is set to RCVideo.

1 Like 1 ·
Kalyani Jagannathan avatar image
Kalyani Jagannathan answered dave-grasso commented

Is there an option to share keyboard and mouse control in RingCentral Video?

1 comment
1 |3000

dave-grasso avatar image dave-grasso commented ·

I am running RingCentral Version 20.3.31.256 Web / 20.3.31.2413 Windows.

RC Video does NOT have the ability to take over a remote users shared screen and control their mouse/keyboard. Last I heard it "will be added" and possibly Oct ? But this is no official word.

1 Like 1 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app