question

sanidhya-sud avatar image
sanidhya-sud asked jenn-community-moderator answered

Unable to send Text when connected to a 4G phone network

Account Type U.S

I am using ring the central phone app on a Vodafone 4G cell phone and I am unable to send texts. when I called the tech support they said Vodafone does not support texting which the sales team never shared initially. Now what's funny is a friend who referred me to ring central was sitting in the same room with me and we both were using the same network to send texts and he was able to but not me. I asked the technical support guy real time that how is this possible and his answer was he is lucky, that's why. Really??

sms and text messaging
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

jenn-community-moderator avatar image
jenn-community-moderator answered
Hello Sanidhya!

Apologies, are you using a RingCentral Unified app? 
Can you also post the screenshot? 

Thanks! 
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

sanidhya-sud answered jenn-community-moderator commented
I am using the Ring Central Phone app, tried using it on my cell phone as well as desktop but Texts don't work on either.
1 comment
1 |3000

jenn-community-moderator avatar image jenn-community-moderator ♦ commented ·
Thanks for the screenshot you provided.
Can you try to uninstall the app and re-install it?

After that, do a test text again, with a different number. 

Thanks! 
0 Likes 0 ·
sanidhya-sud answered
Still Same.

1 |3000

jenn-community-moderator avatar image
jenn-community-moderator answered
Thanks for the screenshot you provided, can you use the newer version of the app that we have? 

Please choose the  RingCentral App version 20.2.11
Also, make sure that you log in your digital/direct line and the password no need for the extension number.

Thanks! 

1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app