question

sergey-kirichenkov avatar image
sergey-kirichenkov asked ted-jaffe192 commented

Glip fails on loading or re-insatlling with A JavaScript error occurred in the main process

Suddenly Glip started to fail when I try to launch Glip or even after full re-installation with this Windows error

[Main Instruction] A JavaScript error occurred in the main process [Content] Uncaught Exception: Error: Can't find Rcvdt class. Invalid deep linking config in package.json at C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Glip\app-20.2.2\resources\app.asar\src\components\URI\UriConfig.js:26:19 at Array.reduce (<anonymous>) at prepareConfig (C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Glip\app-20.2.2\resources\app.asar\src\components\URI\UriConfig.js:12:24) at Object.<anonymous> (C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Glip\app-20.2.2\resources\app.asar\src\components\URI\UriConfig.js:36:18) at Module._compile (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:839:30) at Object.Module._extensions..js (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:851:10) at Module.load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:701:32) at tryModuleLoad (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:633:12) at Function.Module._load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:625:3) at Module.require (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:739:19) at require (internal/modules/cjs/helpers.js:14:16) at Object.<anonymous> (C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Glip\app-20.2.2\resources\app.asar\src\components\URI\UriSchemeController.js:11:19) at Module._compile (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:839:30) at Object.Module._extensions..js (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:851:10) at Module.load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:701:32) at tryModuleLoad (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:633:12) at Function.Module._load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:625:3) at Module.require (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:739:19) at require (internal/modules/cjs/helpers.js:14:16) at Object.<anonymous> (C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Glip\app-20.2.2\resources\app.asar\src\components\URI\index.js:10:29) at Module._compile (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:839:30) at Object.Module._extensions..js (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:851:10)

Windows Server 2012 R.

Glip worked before

ringcentral app
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

ted-jaffe192 avatar image
ted-jaffe192 answered ted-jaffe192 commented
Hi Sergey, thanks for reporting, its a known bug we are aiming to release a fix for on May 14th.  Now June 12th.

In the meantime there is a workaround techical fix for Win Server you can either use or share with your IT team:

"There's an optional service available on Windows Server called "Wireless LAN Service" that can be added in Server Manager:

Server Manager => Add roles and features => Add "Wireless LAN Service" feature

Installing this service on installs the wlanapi.dll and fixes the problem."

Hope this helps!
4 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

ted-jaffe192 avatar image ted-jaffe192 commented ·
Hi Bryan,
I just heard from Engineering the fix wont go in until June 12th. Sorry about that.

In the meantime, did the workaround I posted above help you?
1 Like 1 ·
Bryan Ridgell avatar image Bryan Ridgell commented ·
Hi Ted,

Is the fix still on track for today? I have one user with a  similar issue, but on OSX.
0 Likes 0 ·
Bryan Ridgell avatar image Bryan Ridgell commented ·
Thanks. It's above my head technically to be honest, but I think the JS error we are seeing is different.
0 Likes 0 ·
ted-jaffe192 avatar image ted-jaffe192 commented ·
Ok I would go ahead and open a new support ticket for this so our engineers can investigate for you and help:  https://support.ringcentral.com/s/?language=en_US
0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app