question

IT Xpress avatar image
IT Xpress asked cj-williams commented

Ringcentral App Beta

So I brought up the Ringcentral App (Windows 10) today and got a popup asking if I wanted to try out the beta. I went ahead and clicked OK and got a popup window to sign in. We use Google SSO and was in the process of doing that but got error saying the browser wasn't supported (my guess from 2FA - we use hardware USB keys and usually have to 'Try Another Way' for non Google apps). Anyway - I closed the windows to try again, but cannot find anywhere to access the beta version in any of the menus or screens. Is the popup the only way and if it doesn't work the first time you can't try it?

ringcentral app
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

arthur-ng12296 avatar image
arthur-ng12296 answered
Hi Everyone, 

RingCentral is trying to launch a new beta test for existing users, if you missed the first popup that's alright !

please head over to app.ringcentral.com and type in your credentials and you will be able to use the brand new RingCentral app! 

Thank you for your support! 
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

rob-larose9408 avatar image
rob-larose9408 answered Andrew Francoeur commented
Is this available only through the web GUI?  What about the desktop app?
2 comments
1 |3000

arthur-ng12296 avatar image arthur-ng12296 commented ·
Hey Rob, good to see you again!  You have my Glip, hit me up - I'll send you some presents! 
0 Likes 0 ·
Andrew Francoeur avatar image Andrew Francoeur commented ·
Anyway to get the desktop app to try out?
0 Likes 0 ·
nic517 avatar image
nic517 answered
Where is the best place for beta feedback on the web app. Id LOVE to see ringout added. 
1 |3000

nic517 avatar image
nic517 answered
And where did the dashboard/calendar go to?
1 |3000

IT Xpress avatar image
IT Xpress answered
The contact sync for texts is working - that alone makes it wonderful! But yes ringout would be the final puzzle piece for us to stop using RC Phone.
1 |3000

IT Xpress avatar image
IT Xpress answered nic517 commented
One tip for folks - if you want an 'App Like' experience from the beta (or any web app really) and you use Chrome? With the RC beta app tab open, go to the 3 dot menu, select More Tools -> Create Shortcut and make sure you check the 'Open As Window' checkbox and it'll make an icon appear on your taskbar. Right click it and select 'Pin to taskbar' and you can start it in it's own window from there every time.
1 comment
1 |3000

nic517 avatar image nic517 commented ·
I can see this being very useful. Now if there was a way to have indicator of a new msg, like the icon blink, or incremental numbers. that would be awesome!

0 Likes 0 ·
IT Xpress avatar image
IT Xpress answered
Not sure where you all want feedback - but the beta app suffers from the same problem RC Phone via the web had. If you type fast, you lose characters. For a while I used a ChromeBox as my primary desktop and it drove me crazy - type too fast for a text and it would miss letters. Never an issue in the thick clients. But already having that issue in the beta. I'm losing letters constantly. Otherwise liking it so far...

1 |3000

arthur-ng12296 answered
Hello Everyone,

Feel free to submit ideas and feedback by clicking on your profile > Share idea!

We are looking forward for feedback related to the new app. Thank you!

1 |3000

Bryan Ridgell avatar image
Bryan Ridgell answered
Hi Arthur,

I've been looking through the beta app. Is there going to be a dedicated tasks panel added like the current desktop app? My company utilizes RC tasks extensively for project management and I don't see a similar tasks panel in the current beta.

Thanks!
1 |3000

arthur-ng12296 answered Bryan Ridgell commented
Hi @bryan, 

This feature gap will come in Q3, 2020.
4 comments
1 |3000

arthur-ng12296 avatar image arthur-ng12296 commented ·
Hi Bryan, both apps will continue to exist at app.glip.com and app.ringcentral.com as well. Please try it and let us know of any feedback that you have! 
1 Like 1 ·
Bryan Ridgell avatar image Bryan Ridgell commented ·
Thanks Arthur, and that's prior to the beta UI being pushed out as the stable/normal UI?
0 Likes 0 ·
Hi Alex,

My users received this notice today and some have been clicking "try it now". Could you confirm this build is just a preview in the browser at app.ringcentral.com and the original will continue to be available at app.glip.com and on the desktop until the features are fully added?

Thank you!

0 Likes 0 ·
Thanks Arthur,

Very sorry for getting your name wrong earlier.

Is there any timeline for the rollout of the new desktop app? We just are hoping we have full task management functionality prior to that.

Have a great weekend,
0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app