News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Forward my RC to another digital fax
Tags: fax
Apr 15, 2020 at 11:30am   •   7 replies  •  1 likes
dr.-tim-norcross

I need to forward my RC to another fax number to receive the fax into my electronic medical record(emr).The receiving Fax is also digital. This seems like an easy fix? Thank you

on Jun 8, 2020 at 12:59pm   •  0 likes
Unfortunately, It has not been resolved. Very Frustrating. 
on Apr 15, 2020 at 1:22pm   •  0 likes
If I could sign documents that are faxed to me in RC fax, it would not be as much of an issue. Any ideas?
on Apr 15, 2020 at 12:36pm   •  0 likes
Hello Doctor:

RingCentral is VOIP service which is actually different from a digital line - in any case, for integration with an EMR you will have better luck getting a dedicated line through a provider such as eFax or Faxage. You can port your number to them if it's already widely known and in use.

That said- depending on your setup you should not need to manually forward each fax, you can set up a dummy user with appropriate call handling to forward the number to an external line. You may need to adjust settings on the line to designate it as a fax? I would get in contact with support and/or your account manager to troubleshoot your setup.
on Apr 15, 2020 at 11:51am   •  0 likes
Damn. This is not going to work for me. I tried the whole "email" thing and that doesn't work either. Not sure why this can't happen if both numbers are digital fax. ??
on Apr 15, 2020 at 11:45am   •  0 likes
Good luck with that.  We have the same problem getting faxes directly into Athenanet.   RingCentral doesn't have that option.  I am manually forwarding every fax to the Athena number as they come in.  Pretty crappy service.
on Mar 20, 2023 at 9:42am   •  0 likes

Yes havign same issue with fax

on Jun 7, 2020 at 1:49pm   •  0 likes
Dr. Norcross, how did you finally resolve this issue.  We go live with AthenaNet 7/1 and I really don't want to have to get an ATT line installed at the office for this one thing.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us