question

escodrugs avatar image
escodrugs asked Becky-Community_Manager answered

Deleted tasks with HIPAA setting?

Hello RingCentral, today I have an issue pertaining to the deletion of tasks that perhaps interferes with the HIPAA setting.

In my business, we started to integrate reoccurring tasks that repeat on a monthly, up to bi-monthly basis - however there is a problem. These tasks have been deleted off their respective chats automatically. I'd like to infer that it is because we have the HIPAA setting enabled and so past 30 days it would be automatically deleted to fulfill the setting rules.

Is there anyway we can override that setting for specific chats/tasks/etc?

It seems a bit off that we can 'create' a task that is reoccurring up to a year-basis, yet on the HIPAA setting it states TASKS are deleted after 30 days.

And so I am here with this issue at my workplace, having to recreate the missing tasks in the mean time.

Possible solution?

Is there an integration for me to create a foundation for my permanent tasks? Like maybe create the tasks on Google Calendar or another 3rd party that will auto-import to Glip instead as a work-around in the mean time?

TLDR

Tasks are being deleted when I need them; probably because of the HIPAA 30 day setting being on. I need an override or another method to consistently have the tasks I need to be there when I need them in say, 2 months time.

phone
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

jenn-community-moderator avatar image
jenn-community-moderator answered
Hello there,

I would highly suggest getting in touch with your Account Manager for this matter and inquire about BAA so we can use the app without the 30day HIPAA conduit setting.

Thanks! 
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Becky-Community_Manager avatar image
Becky-Community_Manager answered
Hey, I got a little feedback from the product team!

Unfortunately, at this time, the DRP deletion is a global setting. This means when HIPAA is engaged, everything is deleted when the 30 days are up including tasks. 

Customizable DRP settings are a feature that we're planning, but no ETAs at this time. 
1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app