question

jerry1234 avatar image
jerry1234 asked jerry1234 commented

cant find cam after update

i updated ring meetings and now ring isnt showing iglasses under cameras. it was working fine before how can i downgrade to previous update? im on a mac

meetings
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

jenn-community-moderator avatar image
jenn-community-moderator answered scott-evans1 commented
Hello Jerry,

Apologies, can you uninstall the app and reinstall it? 

Get the app from here.
Thanks! 
1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

scott-evans1 avatar image scott-evans1 commented ·
Unfortunately it doesn't help for mac, how can I get a link to previous app version or when this bug will be fixed? Zoom supports iglasses
0 Likes 0 ·
neal-maher avatar image
neal-maher answered jerry1234 commented
I'm having this same problem. Have tried reinstalling the current version of Meetings and no luck; it still can't find my camera. Have been looking for a download link to reinstall the one version of Meetings prior to the current one, but cannot find it anywhere. (I'm also on a Mac). Can anyone help to provide a link to this?
1 comment
1 |3000

jerry1234 avatar image jerry1234 commented ·
if you havent fixed it check out slamerons solution it worked for me
0 Likes 0 ·
Love Lyn Cano avatar image
Love Lyn Cano answered
Team,

Kindly remove the existing RingCentral Meetings (RCM) App and install the RCM Logging version here then replicate the issue. Please collect the app logs and screenshot then send it to RC Support  so we can have our Dev/Product team investigate the cause of the issue and provide a permanent fix. Installing the older version of RCM is an option but not recommended. 

You can download the older version of RCM  here.

1 |3000

jwt216 avatar image
jwt216 answered jerry1234 commented
I have stumbled upon a solution that, while not ideal, certainly is effective. 

Install xcode via the terminal app with the following:  xcode-select --install 

Once you've got that enabled, type the following command into Terminal.app: sudo codesign --remove-signature /Applications/RingCentralMeetings.app/
1 comment
1 |3000

jerry1234 avatar image jerry1234 commented ·
Thanks this fixed it. Ring went to crap with its last update and doesn't support any cams anymore. But this method totally fixed it. the only thing that was different for me is that I had to enter codesign --remove-signature /Applications/"RingCentral Meetings".app/ because the Ring app name for me has a space in it RingCentral Meetings. Also when you join a meeting you may not see any of your cams at first or you will see a black screen to fix this close Ring go to your applications file and change the name of the ring app. My app is called RingCentral Meetings so I changed it to RingCentralMeetngs then I tried to open it and it won't which is normal. Make sure Ring is closed then rename it back to original name and when you enter your meeting all your cams should be there. I had to do this a few times every time I joined a meeting but after a while, it will start working on its own and you won't have to do the renaming thing anymore.
0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app