question

dr-dodson-400 avatar image
dr-dodson-400 asked BILL DEBOER commented

Recording stops after caller is put on park location for internal transfer

We have inbound call recording enabled. When an inbound call is placed on hold on a park location then gets picked up internally, the recording does not resume on the internally transferred call. Does anyone know how to get this to work correctly?

phone
2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

rich-owens avatar image rich-owens commented ·
I have this same issue. Has anyone found a fix?
0 Likes 0 ·
BILL DEBOER avatar image BILL DEBOER commented ·

I do not see my park extensions at this location-Phone System> Auto-Receptionist> General Settings> Call Recording> Edit under Extensions to Record. I tried searching for them there but no joy. Anyone else have this issue?

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

dr-dodson-400 avatar image
dr-dodson-400 answered Becky-Community_Manager commented

I finally resolved this. All extensions picking up the parked calls must have OUTBOUND call recording enabled. Per RC Support: "What I did to make sure the call will be recorded is I enabled the Automatic Call Recording for outbound of User Extension XXX. Retrieving a call from a park location is considered an outbound in our system. To enable it, just go to Phone System> Auto-Receptionist> General Settings> Call Recording> Edit under Extensions to Record> Check the Outbound> Save. "

Finally seems to be working! Hope this helps others.

1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ commented ·

Thanks for sharing your fix, @dr.-dodson-400!
We're going to mark this as an accepted answer.

0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app