question

jayne-haskey avatar image
jayne-haskey asked danno147 commented

voicemail callback number

When i listen to a voicemail message, the system states the callback number as something like 555 billion, 123 million 456 thousand 7. I see no setting that would govern this and it just seems weird that this would ever be the behavior of the system. I opened case number 10634456 and it is now on a hold and i'm not expecting it is getting looked at.

voicemail
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

danno147 avatar image
danno147 answered danno147 commented
Yep, started with my accounts last year after a software update with RC.  Opened a ticket and the techs acknowledge it was self inflected glitch but they have no idea how/when they can fix it. 
2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

jayne-haskey avatar image jayne-haskey commented ·
would there be a way to roll back the update that you know of? Thank you
1 Like 1 ·
danno147 avatar image danno147 commented ·
No, it's the upgrade they did to the software in their switches. 

0 Likes 0 ·
arun-guha avatar image
arun-guha answered danno147 commented
RC Support classifies it as JIRA - CNV-28823 IVR does not work properly: while reading a voicemail message, attribute "from" is read as literal number rather than separate digits and that it is in a state = PKI which stands for Product Known Issue.

RC Support Response to my case - we are investigating it as a bug on our side and there is no currently available ETA when it will be resolved. We have reproduced the issue and are working on resolving it. You will not receive much in the way of correspondence while they resolve this issue, however you will be notified when the issue is fixed.   

My case 10180479 remains open and has been in this state since 1/31/2020. I have received no correspondence at all on this issue and I enter a comment on my case at least once a month.
3 comments
1 |3000

arun-guha avatar image arun-guha commented ·
Nice work around! Unfortunately my user base is only capable of listening to voice mails via a telephone hand set.
1 Like 1 ·
Oh shoot, I bet they're breathing down your neck heavier than Joe Biden at an all girls school graduation!
1 Like 1 ·
Our case 09123808 has been open since 7/28/2019.  Thank goodness it's just after hour messages.  Band aid we did was to have system send the VM and we can visually see the Caller ID.  Very few exception where they have to  listen to message b/c it is annoying.
0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app