question

amir-mertaban avatar image
amir-mertaban asked jenn-community-moderator answered

Should I setup this Forwarding on the new RingCentral App or the older RingCentral Phone App? Is this even possible?

New customer and completely turned around with what to do here. I setup Call Forwarding rules a month ago on our account and we downloaded the new RingCentral App across the company and come to find out, it doesn't support my forwarding rules, or at least that's what I've been told.

I'm a US customer with under 20ppl on the team.

I've instructed our team to download the RingCentral App and RingCentral Phone App on their desktop, we all have the RingCentral App on our mobile devices and we don't currently have any hard phone devices.

I'd like to setup the following call forwarding rules:

Auto Receptionist Lines

• Business hours

• 8:30am 5:30pm, EST
    • Monday through Friday
    • Incoming calls to our Auto Receptionist lines are forwarded to our main receptionist, Kristine S.
    • It should ring for 20 seconds, if no answer, it then gets forwarded to Seony E. and then Wilma G. for 20 seconds each
  • After Hours

• 5:30pm 10pm, EST
    • Monday through Friday
    • Incoming calls to our Auto Receptionist lines are forwarded Leah D.
    • It should ring for 20 seconds and then get forwarded to Rick S. if no answer
  • Closed Hours

• 10pm 8:30am, EST, Monday through Friday
    • All day, Saturday and Sunday
    • Incoming calls to our Auto Receptionist lines are forwarded to an external number (answering service)

All Other Team Member Lines

• Business Hours

• Incoming calls should be sent to their respective line, if no answer after 5 rings, the call should be forwarded to Auto Receptionist or Kristine S., then to Seony E. and Wilma G. for 20 seconds each
  • After Hours

• Incoming calls should be sent to Leah D., if no answer after 5 rings, the call should be forwarded to Rick S.
  • Closed Hours

• Incoming calls should be sent to an external number (answering service)

I've spent at least 10 hours with Customer Service these past two weeks and each time is a new answer. I've read through a number of posts trying to figure it out but with the new app being rolled out, I'm totally confused on what to do.

Thank you!

call forwarding
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

jenn-community-moderator avatar image
jenn-community-moderator answered
Hello Amir!

I would highly suggest creating a case into our Support Site. Our phone support will be contact you as soon as possible. 

Thanks! 
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app