News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
RingCentral Phone App - Group Messages
Tags: message
May 14, 2020 at 10:42am   •   3 replies  •  0 likes
eric-ashcraft

Hello,

Currently on the latest version of RingCentral Phone app (20.1.0.38205) and am getting reports that users that send bulk text messages started sending as group texts today without warning or notification which caused some issues. I assume this is due to enabling group messaging and the re-work there. Will the option to de-select "make group text" be available in the RingCentral Phone app like it currently is on the web version of the RingCentral App? I am having users use app.ringcentral.com at the moment as that seems to be the only way for us to do it currently. We have tried RingCentral Phone and RingCentral App and neither have this option, only the web version of RingCentral App does. RC Phone on mobile still seems to send as bulk as of this morning as well but I would imagine that app will start sending as group messages soon as well.

Will my users need to use the web version alongside the RingCentral Phone app now to accomplish bulk individual texts? Any ETA on RingCentral Phone being able to send bulk individual texts?

Thank you.

3 Answers
answered on May 21, 2020 at 7:01am  
Now that we are using the RingCentral App we have noticed that you have to enter in a few numbers, de-select the group message option and then are able to enter in more than 10 phone numbers. Will there be a way in the future to skip this and just be able to paste more than 10 phone numbers into the app like we were previously able to do on the RingCentral Phone app?

answered on May 15, 2020 at 12:38am  
RingCentral Phone (Softphone) will return ability to send bulk individual text in 20.2 release

answered on May 14, 2020 at 10:46am  
Hi Eric,

The new version of the RingCentral app that you can only access in the website is now available to be installed. Head over to https://support.ringcentral.com/download.html?_ga=2.110544963.73863274.1589303074-355239822.1588016971 

Download RingCentral App. The old version is now RingCentral Classic App.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us