question

eric-ashcraft2630 avatar image
eric-ashcraft2630 asked eric-ashcraft2630 answered

RingCentral Phone App - Group Messages

Hello,

Currently on the latest version of RingCentral Phone app (20.1.0.38205) and am getting reports that users that send bulk text messages started sending as group texts today without warning or notification which caused some issues. I assume this is due to enabling group messaging and the re-work there. Will the option to de-select "make group text" be available in the RingCentral Phone app like it currently is on the web version of the RingCentral App? I am having users use app.ringcentral.com at the moment as that seems to be the only way for us to do it currently. We have tried RingCentral Phone and RingCentral App and neither have this option, only the web version of RingCentral App does. RC Phone on mobile still seems to send as bulk as of this morning as well but I would imagine that app will start sending as group messages soon as well.

Will my users need to use the web version alongside the RingCentral Phone app now to accomplish bulk individual texts? Any ETA on RingCentral Phone being able to send bulk individual texts?

Thank you.

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mary-community-moderator avatar image
mary-community-moderator answered eric-ashcraft2630 commented
Hi Eric,

The new version of the RingCentral app that you can only access in the website is now available to be installed. Head over to  https://support.ringcentral.com/download.html?_ga=2.110544963.73863274.1589303074-355239822.1588016971 

Download RingCentral App. The old version is now RingCentral Classic App.
1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

eric-ashcraft2630 avatar image eric-ashcraft2630 commented ·
Thanks Mary! I thought I had downloaded the latest version from the main download but this resolved the issue with the app! 
1 Like 1 ·
gregory-yaschuk1449 avatar image
gregory-yaschuk1449 answered eric-ashcraft2630 commented
RingCentral Phone (Softphone) will return ability to send bulk individual text in 20.2 release
1 comment
1 |3000

eric-ashcraft2630 avatar image eric-ashcraft2630 commented ·
Thank you, Gregory! This is good news as everyone uses and is trained on RingCentral Phone and I was hoping not to have to push out a second app to everyone. 
0 Likes 0 ·
eric-ashcraft2630 avatar image
eric-ashcraft2630 answered
Now that we are using the RingCentral App we have noticed that you have to enter in a few numbers, de-select the group message option and then are able to enter in more than 10 phone numbers. Will there be a way in the future to skip this and just be able to paste more than 10 phone numbers into the app like we were previously able to do on the RingCentral Phone app?
1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app