question

kei-ishida avatar image
kei-ishida asked ryan-gosling commented

Discrepancies between Call Log and Performance Reports

I'm seeing a discrepancy between the number of inbound calls in the performance report and what is in the call log. For example, in looking at a particular day, the call log shows 69 inbound calls whereas the performance report is 58. There is a 8-15 call discrepancy for each day that I've looked at.

I've looked at the call logs to see if I can isolate what calls aren't being included, but the performance report for the queue don't provide enough detail to figure out which calls are being filtered out.

analytics and reportingcall logs
5 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Suyash Joshi avatar image Suyash Joshi ♦ commented ·

sorry for late reply, are you still having this problem?

1 Like 1 ·
Sarah Winling avatar image Sarah Winling commented ·

I am also having this issue

1 Like 1 ·
Suyash Joshi avatar image Suyash Joshi ♦ Sarah Winling commented ·

Hi @Sarah Winling we need more /specific information about your use case, please. Can you share more about the query/request you sent to get the performance reports /call log/analytics data and what were the discrepancies?

0 Likes 0 ·
Timothy Jablonski avatar image Timothy Jablonski commented ·

Not sure if you have gotten a resolution to your issue nor am I sure that what I am about to say will even help. But I have just discovered

In Ring Central while looking for the Call History for a user in both Analytics (performance Reports) and detailed Call Log a search on a user’s extension is completely different than a search on a user’s primary number even though the user information has the extension attached to the primary number. I do not know why this would be but if you have gotten an answer to your problem or someone else can chime in I would love to know what people's thoughts are. Especially if someone can resolve the issue or explain why there is a difference.

1 Like 1 ·
ryan-gosling avatar image ryan-gosling Timothy Jablonski commented ·

The same information that you get from Performance reports(PR) and even more... you can get from LOB Analytics. And there are also known discrepancies between LOB and PR. I am not sure if LOB matches the Call log 100% but the idea is that they just use different formulas and algorithms. For example in PR if a certain call is transferred back to queues or an extension it is counted twice or thrice or more depending on total transfers. In LOB any call regardless of total transfers will be counted as a single call.

I assume there might be other small details like this one which would cause the mismatch but I never really cared that much. Anyways we won't know for sure until somebody from RC gives us the formulas :D

0 Likes 0 ·

0 Answers

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app