News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Can I manually convert a meetingrec file post meeting recording?
Tags: meetings
May 18, 2020 at 3:52pm   •   1 replies  •  0 likes
michael-valdes1

I recorded a meeting that had 3 sessions. I hit stop/start in between the sessions and ended up with only the last session recorded. Did i need to select pause instead as stop might have recorded over the prior recording(s)? Also, however, i was left with a very large click_to_convert file that cannot be converted by RC. Can i convert this .meetingrec file manually and potentially get my prior 2 recorded sessions back?

1 Answer
answered on Jun 14, 2022 at 11:18pm  

Step 1. Go to the folder in which RC saves recordings, right-click on the file and click Open with…> More apps, scroll down to the Look for another app on this PC.

Step 2. Follow this path C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Zoom\bin, select zTscoder.exe

You should get an error as Zoom doesn't recognise the extension, then change your file's extension from .meetingrec to .zoom, for files 01 and 02, double click on file 01. The conversion tool will pop up and start the file conversion.

on Jul 18, 2022 at 9:41am   •  0 likes

@Julio Botia I don't see \bin in my path - any suggestions? I have a meeting that didn't save as I didn't have enough room in the save location.

on Jun 15, 2022 at 9:53am   •  0 likes

Thanks for sharing the instructions, @Julio Botia!

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us