question

marc-allen avatar image
marc-allen asked ihdadi commented

Is RC Meetings still required to handle RingCentral links?

I happily installed the new desktop app for Mac (uninstalling RC Meetings, Phone, etc), and it's working fine, except in one area. When I receive a link to an RC meeting and try to click on it, the system doesn't know what to do with it and I get an error saying there's no app to receive it.

Did I break my installation, or do I still need the older RC Meeting desktop app to make that work?

meetings
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

jessica-community-moderator avatar image
jessica-community-moderator answered
Hi Marc, 

This is a known bug that our Product team is looking into. 

In the mean time, please connect your calendar to the RC App, and join meetings with one click via the meetings tab. 

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

marc-allen avatar image
marc-allen answered ihdadi commented
Thanks.  I already do that, but not every meeting is prescheduled.  I can do a "join" with the meeting number in the link, so I don't have any problems getting into the meeting, but was concerned I had missed something in my config.

Is there a present case on this I can view or something that will show me the status?

Thanks!
3 comments
1 |3000

marc-allen avatar image marc-allen commented ·
Thank you!
1 Like 1 ·
ihdadi avatar image ihdadi commented ·
2020/06/14 , 16:11:40 51.36.196.174
1 Like 1 ·
jessica-community-moderator avatar image jessica-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·
There isn't a "tracker" for this that is customer-viewable. But this thread is on their radar, and I'll update it as soon as the bug is fixed :) 
0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app