question

brant-schafer avatar image
brant-schafer asked mary-community-moderator edited

Incoming call notification on Windows 10

I'm running Windows 10 (version 1909) and RingCentral Classic (version 20.2.21 E. 7.1.8).  I've noticed Windows Notification for a RC inbound call will only appear on my screen for about 5 seconds and then disappear.  I've tried adjusting the option for Windows Settings for "show notifications" to 1 minute.  Outlook's new email notifications will stay on the screen for 1 minute but inbound calls still disappear after 5 seconds.  One other observation, when I get an incoming call, RingCentral Classic doesn't switch to the foreground (adding to my frustration to answer the call in time).    Any suggestions?  
softphone
7 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Brendan Richman avatar image Brendan Richman commented ·

Did you ever find a solution for this? I'm having the same issue and honestly it's one of the only things stopping us pulling the trigger on fully signing up.

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Brendan Richman commented ·

Hi Brendan, have you already upgraded to the new RingCentral App?

0 Likes 0 ·
Brendan Richman avatar image Brendan Richman mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Hi Mary, it only happens on the new RC app. The old phone app is fine and the notification stays as long as it's ringing, but the new app only displays the notification for a few seconds then disappears - although it'll still 'ring' as you can hear the ringtone on the PC speakers.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

0 Answers

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app