question

kevin-underwood avatar image
kevin-underwood asked magdalena-bay-whales commented

Outbound Caller ID Name for Toll-free/Vanity number

Our company launched a new product and needed an 800 number to send/receive calls. The problem is I cannot set a Caller ID Name that shows up on a customer's phone when they are called by us.

Is this possible through IVR settings or possibly another way? If this is not currently a feature in RingCentral, how can we get this implemented in the future?

caller id
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mary-community-moderator avatar image
mary-community-moderator answered magdalena-bay-whales commented
Hello Kevin,

Please open a ticket with Tech Support so they can help you with setting up your correct Caller ID.

1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

magdalena-bay-whales avatar image magdalena-bay-whales commented ·
Hi Mary Rose,

I have the same concern. I wanted to have my main number which is my toll free/ vanity number to have a caller id name (CNAM) because I want our potential costumers know that we return their call  by seeing our company name. for the last few years working with RingCentral our costumers were able to see our company name.  When we first signed up with your company we went a head & purchase the vanity name .
I already contacted technical support from RingCentral and they informed that toll free number is not supported yet with caller id name. Is there something in your company that can allow to have caller id name with the toll free number because that is really important to have that in our company number.
I hope this will be realize in the near future.
0 Likes 0 ·
kevin-underwood avatar image
kevin-underwood answered
Hi Mary,

I did previously open a case and was informed that it was not possible to set Caller ID Names for Toll-free numbers. We already have a Caller ID Name (CNAM) for our main company number. This is a separate vanity number which needs a different CNAM.
1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app