Question

RingCentral Meetings - maximum participants?

• 11 June 2020
  • 3 replies

Our organization subscribes to RingCentral Office Standard, which has limited us to 4 attendees in a RingCentral Meeting. We've purchased a 200-person license that I end up swapping around between users as needed. It's modestly cumbersome, but works.

Anyway, I accidentally forgot to transfer the license recently, yet my user was still able to host a meeting with over a dozen attendees. I then noticed that the new RingCentral Video supports up to 100 attendees, and this got me wondering: did the capacity for RingCentral Meetings increase as well?

Does anyone know - are Standard licenses still limited to just 4 attendees by default, or has that increased?

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Hi Ivan,

There is no recent update yet with increase number of participants in RingCentral Meetings.
It is my understanding that RC bumped up the meeting capacity for corporate customers due to covid-19.  I don't think this is publicized anywhere.  So consider my answer unofficial. (found it)

https://netstorage.ringcentral.com/documents/terms_and_conditions_covid19.pdf

They turned off the increased number of participants sometime before 7 p.m. on July 23rd- we only discovered this when we tried to start our on line support group and our patients were locked out.