question

ivan-schustak avatar image
ivan-schustak asked laura-labarbera answered

RingCentral Meetings - maximum participants?

Our organization subscribes to RingCentral Office Standard, which has limited us to 4 attendees in a RingCentral Meeting. We've purchased a 200-person license that I end up swapping around between users as needed. It's modestly cumbersome, but works.

Anyway, I accidentally forgot to transfer the license recently, yet my user was still able to host a meeting with over a dozen attendees. I then noticed that the new RingCentral Video supports up to 100 attendees, and this got me wondering: did the capacity for RingCentral Meetings increase as well?

Does anyone know - are Standard licenses still limited to just 4 attendees by default, or has that increased?

meetings
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mary-community-moderator avatar image
mary-community-moderator answered
Hi Ivan,

There is no recent update yet with increase number of participants in RingCentral Meetings.
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

patrick-hamilton avatar image
patrick-hamilton answered patrick-hamilton commented
It is my understanding that RC bumped up the meeting capacity for corporate customers due to covid-19.  I don't think this is publicized anywhere.  So consider my answer unofficial. (found it)

https://netstorage.ringcentral.com/documents/terms_and_conditions_covid19.pdf

2 comments
1 |3000

ivan-schustak avatar image ivan-schustak commented ·
Thanks! This seems like the most likely answer.

Odd that they don't appear to have proactively let us customers know about it (I'm not seeing this sent to me in any emails from RC and can't find it linked anywhere on the website).  How did you find it, if you don't mind me asking?
0 Likes 0 ·
patrick-hamilton avatar image patrick-hamilton commented ·
My consultants told me about it, but I found it with Google search.
0 Likes 0 ·
laura-labarbera avatar image
laura-labarbera answered
They turned off the increased number of participants sometime before 7 p.m. on July 23rd- we only discovered this when we tried to start our on line support group and our patients were locked out.  

1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app