question

brian-stark1 avatar image
brian-stark1 asked bill-shannon answered

My caller ID shows I am calling from a law office when we are not a law office. Why is it not using what is in ring central caller id

My caller ID shows I am calling from a law office when we are not a law office. Why is it not showing my caller id name I input in ring central system instead of law office. People dont answer my calls because they see a law office phone number is calling and we are not attorneys or a law office.

caller id
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

bill-shannon avatar image
bill-shannon answered
Some TelCo copmanies (wireless carriers included) will not use the presented name because of the number of spammed calls that happen daily. Instead, they will look it up using online databases. In which case, it sounds like someone has registered your phone number with their business name in a 411 database.

Try doing a google search on your phone number to see what comes up. Be sure to use the format xxx-xxx-xxxx when searching - gets better results than using brackets.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app