question

marshall-hayes avatar image
marshall-hayes asked Duane Everding commented

Clicking Ignore Call or Declining the call does not stop the phone from continuing to ring

When I get a call from a call queue if I click "Ignore Call" on my desktop app the Incoming Call screen goes away and then pops right back up a few seconds later. 

Same thing on the phone app. Using an Android phone if I decline a call, it goes away for a second then just comes right back up. 

This is extremely annoying. Please look into fixing it. If I ignore a call, I want it ignored. I don't care if it's in a queue and nobody else is answering. If I'm busy, I'm busy.
call queues
29 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Alex Eichberger avatar image Alex Eichberger commented ·

I have this exact same issue and it’s driving me crazy. I have to decline a call over and over and over. Any resolution?

3 Likes 3 ·
Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ Alex Eichberger commented ·

Alex, we'd like to help! Have you reached out to Support to create a ticket?
If not, we might suggest that or you're welcome to reach out to us and we can assist further.
Community.Support@RingCentral.com

0 Likes 0 ·
Sebastian Stuart avatar image Sebastian Stuart Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ commented ·

@Becky-Community_Manager @Mary-Community_Moderator almost a year later and this is still not addressed? It's still a problem. We are a reseller and refer many clients to RC and our clients mention how annoying this is as well. It NEEDS to be resolved.

1 Like 1 ·
marshall-hayes avatar image marshall-hayes commented ·

For those experiencing the same thing - support wasn't able to solve the issue for me. They just poked around and eventually said its something to do with the fact that the call is ringing on multiple lines and that everyone on that line would need to decline the call for it to stop.

Seems like a bug in the software but to my knowledge, not something they're working on. It'd be great if they were though!

2 Likes 2 ·
Sebastian Stuart avatar image Sebastian Stuart marshall-hayes commented ·

We've got this problem as well. I have to hit Reject multiple times (3-6 Rejects) on my deskphone OR mobile app and it keeps calling me. Super annoying when you are on another line. We have the "Ring App for at least 30 seconds" disabled in the online portal. Please fix RC!!!

0 Likes 0 ·

Is this ever going to get fixed? Absolutely brutal when in a meeting and I have to go on do not disturb. What if I want to screen and potentially step away to answer other calls? I can't just decline a queue call?

Poor.

2 Likes 2 ·
Sebastian Stuart avatar image Sebastian Stuart commented ·

I think this is absurd as well. If we hit Reject it should send that call to Voicemail or if it's from a Queue (Call Center Blast, or Round Robin) then it should just ring to the other folks on the Queue. If they all hit reject then send it to voicemail. I had to remove myself PERMANENTLY from our Support Queue for this exact reason. It was super annoying to have calls repeatedly interrupt me over and over while I was on another call on my mobile phone. THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED. It's not a "feature", it's a design flaw. How is this not fixed after being reported as a problem a year ago? Lame.

@Mary-Community_Moderator @Becky-Community_Manager @Jessica-Community_Moderator @Jenn-Community_Moderator can you guys please combine these tickets below into the same issue? This has also been a reported "problem" for 6 years now. When is RC going to take this issue serious?

Here is another ticket reporting the same thing, from 2015:

https://community.ringcentral.com/questions/17591/phone-keeps-ringing-after-i-hit-ignore.html

And again in 2016 with TWO different tickets:

https://community.ringcentral.com/questions/20838/ignore-button.html

https://community.ringcentral.com/questions/20930/ignore-button-1.html

And last year in 2020:

https://community.ringcentral.com/questions/90562/ignore-calls-during-meeting.html

And again in 2018, on the iOS app, but same issue:

https://community.ringcentral.com/questions/25230/constant-ios-ringing-even-if-i-decline-the-call.html

How many times does this have to be reported? We used to have Fonality VOIP phones which is a pretty crappy system and it didn't have this same problem. Thanks!

2 Likes 2 ·
Sarah Johnson avatar image Sarah Johnson commented ·

In our situation there are only 2 of us in this "call queue"... if we are available to take the call, we will, if we are not we NEED the ability to send the call to VM or "truly" ignore the call if we are unavailable WITHOUT changing out "status" every single moment. we receive a lot of calls throughout the day and out availability to take a call or not depends on what we are doing "in the moment" of when the call comes through...

2 Likes 2 ·
Nathan Ramsden-Lock avatar image Nathan Ramsden-Lock Sarah Johnson commented ·

@Sarah, thank you for your reply, I just don't think Becky or any of the Ring central team will ever properly understand this. @Sebastian has provided the evidence that posting here is about as much use as shouting it in to the wind. They just keep suggesting the same old workaround and repeat the mantra "It is operating as designed". I think it is time they got a new "Design team" who have half a clue what is needed from a telephone system. This issue has gone on ignored for 6 years along with adding the HUD facility to the mobile client (after all who needs to be able to see the status of your other colleagues in the team hey ???) and the lack of a centralised contact directory for all extensions.

0 Likes 0 ·
Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ Sarah Johnson commented ·

@Sarah Johnson Have you considered the Ring Group as an option?
It will keep you from having to set your availability.

-1 Like -1 ·
Nathan Ramsden-Lock avatar image Nathan Ramsden-Lock Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ commented ·

@Becky-Community_Manager you keep repeating this silly alternative, without even understanding the limitations of your own system and why people chose to use a call queue in the first place. (Taken from https://support.ringcentral.com/article/10183.html#:~:text=A%20Call%20Queue%20group%20is,when%20the%20hosted%20extension%20rings.)

Ring group limitations

• No option to ring mobile apps
  • No agent status checking
  • No way for agents to discern Ring Group calls vs. direct calls

With a call queue :

• You can hold a call even if all agents are busy, (because you foe example you might just be wrapping up a call that you are on and able to take the call in a few moments rather than put the caller through the trouble of leaving a voicemail)
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Show more comments
mary-community-moderator avatar image
mary-community-moderator answered Duane Everding commented

Hi Everyone, Our Product Team is aware and currently investigating this issue. We will provide updates in this thread once it’s resolved. We suggest you send callers to voicemails in the meantime.

10 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Sarah Johnson avatar image Sarah Johnson commented ·

I'm having the same issue and its super annoying. How do we send them straight to VM if the only option is to "ignore" or "answer"

1 Like 1 ·
kip-hoover avatar image kip-hoover commented ·

When is this going to get fixed?

1 Like 1 ·
Adam Zanette avatar image Adam Zanette commented ·

This is still an issue in 2023.... Also, the ringcentral app appears to ignore the do not disturb setting on iOS. Great to be driving with music on and have calls repeatedly interrupt things, repeatedly every 5 seconds after you hit ignore...

1 Like 1 ·
Sarah Gowrie avatar image Sarah Gowrie Adam Zanette commented ·

I'm the only person on the call queue and oftentimes I can't answer it - it's our main line that's re-routed to me. My only option seems to be to put everything on silent which is not ideal. @tak-it1 What's our best current option?

0 Likes 0 ·
Nathan Ramsden-Lock avatar image Nathan Ramsden-Lock commented ·

Thank you very much for replying, but I don't have the option nor would I want to send it to voicemail, because there are other people in the group that will be available to take the call. I hope the product team is able to resolve this soon. I hope you realise how important it is to all of us that it is fixed.

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Nathan Ramsden-Lock commented ·

You're welcome! We'll let them know about this. Thank you.

0 Likes 0 ·
Sebastian Stuart avatar image Sebastian Stuart mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

@Mary-Community_Moderator like @Sarah Johnson asked, how do we send a call to VM if everyone in the Call Queue is busy? The only option is Answer or Ignore, but then we get interrupted again 5 seconds later. I've almost thrown my phone out the window a few times over this. I finally had to remove myself from the Call Queue. Please escalate.

0 Likes 0 ·
Sarah Gowrie avatar image Sarah Gowrie commented ·

Hi - It's July 2022 - just checking in to see if there is a solve. I'm still having this issue.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
tak-it1 avatar image
tak-it1 answered mary-community-moderator commented

This isn't a bug - this is how call queues operate. If using rotating/sequential, pressing reject will flag you as unavailable for 5 seconds so the inbound call can ring other members. If no members available, the call will return back to you.

If using simultaneous, the same will apply but it will ring you regardless until the call is handled or has reached the end ring time as setup in the queue.

There are lots of ways to do things, but for you, the easiest would likely be just to toggle "Accept Call Queue Calls" off in the app if you can't attend to that inbound call.

5 comments
1 |3000

Nathan Ramsden-Lock avatar image Nathan Ramsden-Lock commented ·

Thanks for the reply,

This isn't a bug - I disagree unless we can control the interval.

5 seconds ? it takes 1 second to press the reject button - why does it think you might have changed your mind about taking the call only 4 seconds later ? that is ridiculous, it should snooze it for at least 30 seconds.

As for your suggestion of turning off accept queue calls -you cannot get to that setting in under 4 seconds on your mobile to turn it off before it returns to the call ringing screen . That is not a very useful suggestion, I may be only unavailable to take that one call while i am talking say to the delivery driver and then in 60 seconds time I will be available to take calls again. so i don't want to have to keep going in and out to toggle that setting - that is just ridiculous.

The main thing should be to change the the timer from 5 seconds to something sensible like 30 or 60 seconds before it tries giving you the call again.

0 Likes 0 ·
tak-it1 avatar image tak-it1 Nathan Ramsden-Lock commented ·

For sure, just giving you the straight goods.

Edit: actually, sorry - confused about something: "I may be only unavailable to take that one call while i am talking say to the delivery driver and then in 60 seconds time I will be available to take calls again. so i don't want to have to keep going in and out to toggle that setting - that is just ridiculous. "

why are you opposed to toggling accept call queues on/off? This is a simple toggle in the mobile or desktop app. If you're added to a queue and find yourself always rejecting calls because you don't have time to handle them, why not utilize the call queue toggle?

I get the annoyance with rejecting the call, but I have dozens of call centers utilizing this setup.

1 Like 1 ·
Sebastian Stuart avatar image Sebastian Stuart tak-it1 commented ·

@tak-it1 this is not a feature, it's crappy design. I agree with @Nathan Ramsden-Lock and many others on how frustrating this is. I assume there are many other similar tickets or "suggestions" on this Community forum asking for the same thing to get fixed. Imagine how many small companies don't report it or don't understand that it is a design flaw and just put up with the annoyance, or disable call Queues entirely?

0 Likes 0 ·
Sarah Gowrie avatar image Sarah Gowrie commented ·

If we toggle "Accept Call Queue Calls" off in the app will it go straight to voicemail?

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Sarah Gowrie commented ·

The call will be automatically sent to the next member of the queue, depending on the order.

0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app