question

matt-szoke avatar image
matt-szoke asked mary-community-moderator commented

Unable to Start / Join / Schedule Meeting in GLIP

A seemingly random collection of our users are having problems starting meetings, joining them, and even scheduling from the new GLIP app. A red warning box appears and says that something happened on the RingCentral side. Is anyone else having this problem?

meetings
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

ryan-kelly11788 avatar image
ryan-kelly11788 answered
I received the same error once or twice trying to schedule the meeting.  I attempted to schedule the meeting a few more times and eventually made it past the error.
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mary-community-moderator avatar image
mary-community-moderator answered
Hi Everyone,

I have raised this concern to our Product Team and said that this has something to do with the current API. They are currently communicating with Zoom about this. The recommendation is instead of trying many times to schedule a meeting on the RingCentral App, schedule it directly on RingCentral Meetings App.
1 |3000

michael-moore12 avatar image
michael-moore12 answered michael-moore12 commented
This is happening to me in Ring Central Classic as well. First a spinning progress wheel and then error. So I manually start a meeting in RC meetings and paste the invite link into Glip which seems to work.
2 comments
1 |3000

mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·
Sorry, Michael. Just on the new RingCentral App.
0 Likes 0 ·
michael-moore12 avatar image michael-moore12 commented ·
Sorry, the new app is good enough yet to switch to over this inconvenience. It is missing too many features. 
0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image
mary-community-moderator answered mary-community-moderator commented
Hi Everyone,

I got an update on this from RingCentral App Product Team. According to them, this issue should have been fixed on the new version. Please try to uninstall/reinstall your app to upgrade to the latest version.
8 comments
1 |3000

ryan-kelly11788 avatar image ryan-kelly11788 commented ·
I just confirmed with a few test calls when answering the second incoming call the first call is dropped with no option to hold.
0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·
Is this on your mobile app or desktop?
0 Likes 0 ·
Desktop app.  I noticed the issue after uninstalling, downloading the latest version, and installing.
0 Likes 0 ·

0 Likes 0 ·
Example screen shot of incoming call and options available. 
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
michael-moore12 avatar image
michael-moore12 answered
Does this apply to Ring Central Classic? I already have the latest version of that installed.
1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app