question

hamoody-abdulla1771 avatar image
hamoody-abdulla1771 asked hamoody-abdulla1771 answered

Accessing Department/Call Queue voicemail.

In our previous phone system, users had the ability to access Department / Call Queue voicemail from their companion desktop app. They also had the ability to callback the caller that left the "group" voicemail. I am trying to provide them a solution that gives them similar functionality. So far I have given them access to the web portal with the login for that Call Queue, but they do not have the ability to click a number and ring out to their phone because they are not logged in themselves.

1. Is there a way to download a voicemail from a mailbox using the API?
  2. Is there a way to play a voicemail over a users phone by initiating it from the API? aka I want to play a wav file over the users phone.

Thanks

call queues
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

benjamin-dean avatar image
benjamin-dean answered
  1. Is there a way to download a voicemail from a mailbox using the API?

Yes, you can use the Call Log API resource to download call recordings.

First you lookup the call recording meta data: https://developers.ringcentral.com/api-explorer/latest/index.html#/!/Call_Log/loadCallRecordingMetad...

Then you fetch the call recording: https://developers.ringcentral.com/api-explorer/latest/index.html#/!/Call_Log/loadCallRecordingConte...

2. Is there a way to play a voicemail over a users phone by initiating it from the API?  aka I want to play a wav file over the users phone.

I would recommend against trying to implement this workflow because RingCentral already provides this ability using our softphone. If you wanted to do this by building a custom mobile application, you could, but then the audio would play from via the custom application over the user's phone (not the phone's native interface).
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

hamoody-abdulla1771 avatar image
hamoody-abdulla1771 answered
Let me clarify. Our users are not using their mobile devices, they are using Cisco SPA514G desk phones. That is why I want to play over SIP or something of the sort.

Also, is there a way for a user to have delegate access to a Call Queue/ Department extension so that they can access call recording(voice mail) using their own login credentials?

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys