question

z-admin2902 avatar image
z-admin2902 asked Tyler Liu commented

ring out not working with c# SDK

Hello team,

I am using the below code to make a call , i get the status as "in progress" but i don't receive the call on the dialled number. please find the code and screen shot below.

var ringoutPostBodyJson = "{\"from\":{\"phoneNumber\":\"19295755408\",\"forwardingNumberId\":\"\"},\"to\":{\"phoneNumber\":\"15614097222\"},\"playPrompt\":true,\"country\":{\"id\":\"1\"}}";

var request = new Request("/restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/~/ringout", ringoutPostBodyJson);

var ringoutResponse = sdk.Platform.Post(request);

sdk
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Tyler Liu avatar image
Tyler Liu answered
Please read the answer here and see if it works for you:  https://github.com/ringcentral/ringcentral-csharp/issues/59
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Tyler Liu avatar image
Tyler Liu answered

There is problem with your phone number.  Try with your mobile phone and any other phone that you are sure it is able to make a call.
1 |3000

z-admin2902 avatar image
z-admin2902 answered Tyler Liu commented
Thanks for the reply. I saw this before and tried with different phone numbers but the status remains "cannot reach". Is there any specific way to test. As per the above link it seems that we need 2 phones. does that means from field should be some mobile number rather than main company number.
1 comment
1 |3000

Tyler Liu avatar image Tyler Liu ♦ commented ·
Yes, both from and to should be mobile numbers and you'd make sure those two numbers are OK to make and receive phone calls. Above is not mandatory at all but it helps you to locate your issue. Once you do the test above successfully, try other numbers such as your company numbers, some virtual phone numbers...etc.
0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys