Question

CRM integration with Smart Office by Ebix

• 8 September 2016
  • 5 replies

Hello, I am trying to integrate Call Central with my CRM which is "Smart Office powered by Ebix". I am told Smart office is TAPI compliant. From here, how am I able to integrate the two? Someone from Smart Office mentioned getting a TAPI driver from Ring Central is this true? Please advise. Thank you

5 replies

TAPI is very old and makes me think of Windows XP :)  If it is possible at all it would be a very kludgy and difficult integration I suspect.  What exactly are you expecting from an integration?  Just click to dial?  Something else?

How tied into this CRM are you?  Maybe consider moving to SalesForce that has a pretty solid integration with RingCentral?

If you are really set on trying to do this and willing to pay for it I can suggest contacting https://www.tenfold.com/ to see if they can help.

Thanks for the response Brandon. I believe we are just looking for the click to dial function through a contact page or profile, we don't need a very high level of integration at least not to the point where we would want to have anything built out. Please let me know if it is possible/easy just to get the click to dial function. Thanks
In that case, do you use the RingCentral desktop app?  If yes, you can highlight a number and then press a hotkey to dial.  Check settings > hotkeys in your desktop app.  If you don't use the desktop app what type of desk phones and are they purchased from RingCentral?
Thanks, I just figured out the Hotkey feature this is exactly what I was looking for!
Thanks Brandon!