question

janielle2936 avatar image
janielle2936 asked benjamin-dean answered

After successfully making a new subscription, there is no webhook posted while the RingOut call is in progress

Yesterday, I found a problem that after successfully making a new subscription, there is no webhook posted to the specified URL while the RingOut call is in progress.

So far, when my app subscribes for the events (mentioned below), I see that the whole process go through just fine and my webhook endpoint always gets something back from RingCentral. However, after that, there is no postback to that webhook endpoint so far.

The webhook endpoint is always accessible and operational without issue.

At the moment, I believe that there is no postback from RingCentral but I am not so sure about that.

I would like some guidance how to investigate this issue.

Steps to reproduce the problem:

1. Make a new subscription or ignore if there is an active webhook subscription for the following events:

• /restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/~/presence?detailedTelephonyState=true&sipData=true
    • /restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/~/presence/line/presence?detailedTelephonyState=true
  2. Make a RingOut call.

ringout
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

janielle2936 answered
How do I go about getting this resolved. This is core functionality that appears to be broken, any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks.
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

benjamin-dean avatar image
benjamin-dean answered benjamin-dean commented
Hi Janielle,

Apologies for the delay in responding.

I am testing and working on an official response to your problem now, and will reply here as soon as I have an answer (in the next hour or so) that can help move you forward in your development.

:D
1 comment
1 |3000

benjamin-dean avatar image benjamin-dean commented ·
FYI: Nearly done configuring the tests...
0 Likes 0 ·
janielle2936 answered
Thanks very much
1 |3000

vyshakhbabji avatar image
vyshakhbabji Deactivated answered

Janielle,

Can you provide us information on your organization? Also, could you let us know which programming language are you using?

Have you looked into this repo: https://github.com/grokify/ringcentral-demos-webhooks

Also,

1. Is your post request to subscription returning HTTP 200 success and is returning Subscription ID?

2. While doing a ring-out - What is the from/to number that you are using? Is your "from" number the same as the Login phone number and extension? You could use the from number in this format +1XXXXXXXXXX*ext ( where ext is extension that you are logged in as during authentication )

3. Have you tried making a call to the phone number and extension that you are listening to via subscription while you are logged in as that number on your softphone (on sandbox mode)?

For further investigation, we would like to get in touch with you directly. Could you contact us via email or create a support ticket?

1 |3000

janielle2936 answered
Thank you , I have sent an email.
1 |3000

benjamin-dean answered
Apologies for the delay. I discovered the same thing as I built out this sample app showing how Webhooks with RingCentral operate:  https://github.com/bdeanindy/ringcentral-webhook-basics

I found that no telephony related events were being POSTed to my webhook endpoint as expected, but the extension presence events (updates and modifications to availability) were generating events.

I have contacted our engineering team to investigate this.

Thank you for reporting this Janielle
1 |3000

vyshakhbabji avatar image
vyshakhbabji Deactivated answered
The issue mentioned above has been resolved . Could you please try it once again and confirm if the webhooks are working again? 
1 |3000

benjamin-dean answered
I've also updated the StackOverflow issue you've reported for the same issue. Please do retry and let us know how it is going. :)
1 |3000

janielle2936 answered
Thanks very much, it's working again.

If I have a small feature request, who do I direct it?
1 |3000

benjamin-dean answered
You can create a new RingCentral Developer Community post and label it as an "Idea". :)
1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys