question

z-admin2902 avatar image
z-admin2902 asked z-admin2902 answered

Outbound Call issue -- from REST API

the integration API uses the REST API Ring out method to make the out bound call from the third party application. The call is working fine and i am able to receive the call in my mobile, however there is no calls or notification are happening to the specific agent? how the Agent will disconnect the call? currently from my mobile i am disconnecting the call? is there any way to send the notification to the specific agent.

sdk
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

z-admin2902 avatar image
z-admin2902 answered
Hello Team,

Can you please provide any input on this, we need to finalize this soon.
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

benjamin-dean avatar image
benjamin-dean answered
Could you provide more details about the code you're implementing to accomplish the task, what you're expecting to see compared to what you are actually seeing in terms of API responses please?
1 |3000

z-admin2902 avatar image
z-admin2902 answered
we are using c# SDK code to do a ring out, once ring out happens how will the agent be notified of the call. how can he disconnect the call?.  please let me know if this feature  is available in the API?
1 |3000

benjamin-dean avatar image
benjamin-dean answered
I would recommend implementing the 'playPrompt' attribute of your RingOut POST request and set it to 'true'. By setting this value to 'true' (and by having your Agent's phone number/extension as the "from.phoneNumber" value) you are indicating to RingCentral you would like to have the 1st leg of the call initiate with the "from / caller" and for that person to press a confirmation DTMF (I believe it is 1 key) to indicate the caller is ready to initiate the 2nd leg of the call to the "callee".

Doing this, makes the caller have complete control over the call: they can disconnect, hold, park, etc...
1 |3000

z-admin2902 avatar image
z-admin2902 answered
thanks a lot , this is what i was looking for.
1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys