question

steven-branson3422 avatar image
steven-branson3422 asked benjamin-dean answered

Validation Token on WebHook subscription

I am attempting to subscribe to push notifications. When I send the request I am receiving the error code 'SUB-520' with description 'Validation Token is not returned'. I can't find anything in the API documentation about this whatsoever. I see the request come in to my server with a custom HTTP header called VALIDATION_TOKEN. I tried many ways to reply to this, but nothing I have tried works. What am I missing?

webhooks
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

steven-branson3422 avatar image
steven-branson3422 answered
Found it. The reply needs to have header "validation-token" with a hyphen instead of an underscore. The documentation where I found this was here:  http://ringcentral-quickstart.readthedocs.io/en/latest/webhooks/
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

benjamin-dean avatar image
benjamin-dean answered
That is correct. Glad you were able to find the documentation.

There is also this demo application in Node.js for understanding RingCentral WebHooks.
1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys