question

jim-reynolds avatar image
jim-reynolds asked benjamin-dean answered

Text record of IVR prompt responses

Use case: We have employees in the field who arrive at a work site with a series of tasks to complete. Currently, they call to login and logout; we check the call log and record in our database.

I want to add a prompt (or series of prompts) to the logout call. Preferably it would be "Press the code for the completed task you wish to record," and the user types codes to report all the completed tasks of that assignment (typically 10-12 completed tasks but there would be hundreds of options). However it could be a prompt with "Did you complete Task A/B/C?" <1-Yes/2-No>.

I do not currently see a way to have the call log or an IVR menu record the user's responses. Does that capability exist?

sdk
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

benjamin-dean avatar image
benjamin-dean answered
Currently, RingCentral product and platform API does not expose the COMPLETE information which I think you may be seeking, but here is what is currently available:

In the call log you can see the call path that a call took, but not the key presses.

Example:
  • If I call an IVR
  • Then chose option 1
  • Then option 3
  • Then option 4
I'll see the name of the IVR, the user and queue to which the call rang in the Call Log. However, I will not receive a report showing which keys the caller actually pressed during the session.

RingCentral does offer a product that does provide this data called, "Contact Center":  https://www.ringcentral.com/contact-center/overview.html
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys