question

akif-akif4090 avatar image
akif-akif4090 asked benjamin-dean commented

How to place a successfull ringout ?

Hello

I am developing a chrome extension, from where trying to perform a outbound ringout using sandbox account.I have added 2 direct numbers in my sandbox account.

As according to rest API i am performing ringout but i am getting error and can not place successfull ringout.

Here is code that what i am passing to ajax call.

var url = 'https://platform.devtest.ringcentral.com/restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/~/ringout';
var data = {              "from": {"phoneNumber": "1626*******"},/*from parameter is optional if there is a default number in user's forwarding numbers */ 
            "to": {"phoneNumber": "1315*******"},  /*to parameter is required */               "playPrompt": true  /*optional field */             };  var headersArray = [                       {"name": "Content-Type", "value": "application/json"},                        {"name": "Authorization", "value": "Bearer "+tokenObj.access_token}                     ];

and i am getting this error:

"{    "errorCode" : "InvalidParameter",    "message" : "Unrecognized token 'from': was expecting 'null', 'true', 'false' or NaN\n at line: 1, column: 6",    "errors" : [ ]  }"
ringout
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

benjamin-dean avatar image
benjamin-dean answered benjamin-dean commented
Have you compared your request format to that used in the RingCentral API Explorer for Make a RingOut Call?
2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

benjamin-dean avatar image benjamin-dean commented ·
Several issues can cause those errors, could you please create a developer support case for investigation?

In the meantime, here are a few possible issues to investigate:

1. Has the User/Extension in the Sandbox account been activated and enabled?
2. Have you tried using the main company number as the 'from.phoneNumber' as well as the direct number for the extension?
3. Is the extension configured to make Voice calls? You can see this in the Sandbox Online Account Portal ( https://service.devtest.ringcentral.com)
1 Like 1 ·
akif-akif4090 avatar image akif-akif4090 commented ·
Thanks for comment, there were two problem 1-i was not added direct number 2-json.stringfy was required to make json string in post body.

After that i got inProgress status but in the next moment when i check status it was "CannotReach" and "GenericError", can you please elborate that how i can solve this and what is the problem happening? 
0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys