question

jason-wright91 avatar image
jason-wright91 asked John Wang Deactivated answered

Outage Right Now

We are currently experiencing an outage with RingCentral Connect. Our app just started getting a content-type is not defined error message whenever trying to send a Fax using the RingCentral Connect API. This has happened twice before (August 2016) was the last time and both times it was due to an outage on your end. We haven't changed anything on our end and it was working last night. I really with there was someone I could call when we have a problem like this but the phone support team doesn't seem to even know that RingCentral has Developer tools.

getting started
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

benjamin-dean avatar image
benjamin-dean answered
I have acknowledged that I am seeing this same issue in Production for all non-oauth endpoints (but not seeing this in my Sandbox Account). I've escalated this to our engineering team for immediate investigation.

Could those reporting or commenting please reply if they are seeing this only on non-oauth endpoints in production (or if you're seeing this in the sandbox as well) please?

Thanks,
Benjamin
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

benjamin-dean answered
I just received notice from our Engineering Architect that this issue has been acknowledged and escalated to our engineering team accordingly.

More information as we have it for you (and I will likely merge this issue with the API Down issue once this has been resolved):  https://devcommunity.ringcentral.com/ringcentraldev/topics/api-down-rb5noks5amjnv
1 |3000

benjamin-dean answered
I just received notice that this issue should be resolved. I tested in my production account and it appears resolved.

Could everyone here please view their logs or re-test and report if everything is back to normal operating expectations now please?
1 |3000

John Wang avatar image
John Wang Deactivated answered
1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys