question

admin2935 avatar image
admin2935 asked benjamin-dean commented

Integerating RingCentral missed calls and ticketing systems (Zendesk, Freshdesk, etc.)

We are having a problem with the 'missed call' email to our ticketing system (Freshdesk, Zendesk, etc.).

When a call to customer service goes unanswered and a message is left, the email is directed to our ticketing system along with the mp3 of the message. We then respond to our customer via the ticketing system.

Our customers are complaining (particularly on mobile) because they see the RingCentral New Voice Message email as part of our reply and start clicking on the large font calls to action in the email copy. They then (on mobile) get asked to download the RC app.

This creates a situation where the customer then gets (incorrectly) upset with us because they think they need to download the RC app in order to continue working with our Customer Service.

The option of manually deleting the RC portion of the original email is a problem because of the time it would take to process 150+ of these a day adds an additional burden to my customer service staff.

RC customer service informed me that there is no way to remove all of RC copy/links as an option.

Surely other companies are using Ring Central with ticketing systems-- how is it being handled in other companies?

J.

integrations
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

benjamin-dean avatar image
benjamin-dean answered
RingCentral has developed a ZenDesk integration which is available on the RingCentral App Gallery:  https://developers.ringcentral.com/app-gallery.html#/app/zendesk

FreshDesk has developed an integration with RingCentral which is available on the RingCentral App Gallery:  https://developers.ringcentral.com/app-gallery.html#/app/freshdesk

From what I am seeing, both of these require use of the soft phone to operate.

We do have some applications which are providing more custom integrations which provide deeper functionality (such as the ability to play a call recording or voicemail from within the application itself). This route requires developers to create software which meets the required use case goals and is built using the RingCentral Connect Platform.

For either of the above referenced App Gallery applications, you would need to use the "Supported By" link if you require any assistance or would like to suggest additional functionalities beyond the current detailed descriptions.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

bjsvec avatar image
bjsvec answered
I also use RC and Zendesk and get voicemails forwarded in.  I think what you want to do is simply strip some text out of the email before it gets to Zendesk and this is technically possible, but requires at least some basic customization work to maybe forward the email through another system first to parse it and then pass only the MP3 to Zendesk.  I rarely reply to voicemail via email and if I did I suppose I would just strip out the unwanted text.  Although I do not process 150+ per day..

I usually consider it most professional to respond to customers via the same channel they contact me.  Email to email, text to text, voice to voice.  But, I suppose you know your own customers best and if you want to reply to voicemails via email then you will need to either have your staff strip some text out or think up an intermediate step where you forward the email to be parsed and then passed on to Zendesk.

Another option, as Benjamin alluded to, is more in depth, custom development (or hire someone) to create exactly what you want.  Good luck and let us know where you go with this.

Oh and I thought I recalled that Zendesk had a voice integration option and I think the way it could work is you could forward your number to the Zendesk number and then voicemail is more tightly integrated then what you are doing with or without the RC-Zendesk integration in place.  https://www.zendesk.com/voice/
1 |3000

benjamin-dean answered
Does the above information answer your question?
1 |3000

admin2935 avatar image
admin2935 answered
I'll check out the integration mentioned by Brandon.  Thanks to all.
1 |3000

benjamin-dean answered
Please keep us posted on your discoveries and how things are going.
1 |3000

brett-youngberg avatar image
brett-youngberg answered benjamin-dean commented
Can you guys just support the Zendesk Voicemail tickets via their API with your Zendesk integration so we don't have to get the voicemail as an email from service@ringcentral.com and instead you guys just create a ticket in Zendesk using the callers phone number to find/create the Zendesk user and have the audio file in the ticket natively so we can use the interface to listen to the voicemail (instead of having to download the file, open it on the computer and listen to it there), read the transcription you are already providing, and then actually use the ringcentral Zendesk integration to call the user back? 

If the voicemail ticket is created with the first comment internal instead of public then our agents have the option of emailing the client back without them seeing the full email/transcript/and mp3 attachment...

It's all supported already:  https://developer.zendesk.com/rest_api/docs/voice-api/talk_partner_edition#creating-voicemail-ticket...

1 comment
1 |3000

benjamin-dean avatar image benjamin-dean commented ·
I will share this with our product managers for consideration.
0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys