News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
How to add a direct number before using RingCentral for Desktop (Softphone) to test my App?
Tags: getting started
Jun 24, 2015 at 4:31pm   •   4 replies  •  0 likes
tt

Before you can test your integrated app to make or receive calls you need to add a direct phone number to your RingCentral for desktop application (or Softphone).

Learn more how to add direct numbers to configure a RingCentral Digital Line from the online account by clicking here

(When performing step 7 please select RingCentral for Desktop instead of a physical phone. Also you can disregard any steps that relate to shipping since you have not ordered a desk phone)

If you need to select a new number in the sandbox please pick from the available area codes of 732 (NJ) or 585 (NY)

2 Answers
answered on Dec 17, 2015 at 2:41pm  
Rodney, can you try 650(CA) or 802(VT)?

answered on Dec 17, 2015 at 2:30pm  

It doesn't seem like there are any available phone numbers on sandbox with area code 732 or 585 as you said anymore.

I appear to be getting that message regardless of which area code I choose. Is there another way I could add a phone to a sandbox account?

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us