question

irfan-azy4518 avatar image
irfan-azy4518 asked benjamin-dean answered

Ring Central integration with my CRM

Hello there, we have designed our own CRM according to our business need. We store customers phone number along with their name and email address. I would like to integrate our ring central phones with our CRM so when a customer calls us, his phone number from softphone will match our CRM's data base and trigger all the inquiries, forms and relevant data stored in the CRM so its easy to understand who is calling us and what was the previous discussion / dealing with that specific client. We want to perform this activity by matching the phone number and then triggering the relevant data in a search results or pop up. If this is possible, please advise how to integrate using API. if not then please suggest a best possible way to perform this activity.

integrations
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

benjamin-dean avatar image
benjamin-dean answered
Great question, and a very common use case with RingCentral. There are two primary ways you can achieve this goal:

1. Having RingCentral Desktop Application "Screen-Pop" your CRM with a URI for your web-based CRM application as a call-event consumer

https://www.ringcentral.com/support/pc-incoming-call-integration.html

Screenshot from my local application where you do this in RingCentral Desktop is below (on Mac)

2. Developing a CTI Integration using the RingCentral API and deeply integrate this into your CRM application

Here is a demo application which shows the basics of developing a Call Telephony Integration (CTI):  https://github.com/ringcentral/ringcentral-js-cti-demo

Other Links:
Here is a related community post which might be valuable:
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys